We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental pick-up at Carousel-Louvre, Paris

Whitby, Canada
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Car Rental pick-up at Carousel-Louvre, Paris

Hi,

Need help with car rental pick-up.

My wife and I are planning to pick-up our Hertz car rental at this location and wonder if it has easy access to the highway taking us to Reims and return it to the same place. Is there a better Hertz pick-up location to and from our destination? Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Pierre

Menlo Park...
Level Contributor
5,447 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rental pick-up at Carousel-Louvre, Paris

i think the only thing in France more difficult than driving in the middle of Paris is driving the motorways in the immediate vicinity of paris. And you are proposing to do it twice, once on the way out and again on the return. When instead you could have a quick and relaxing train ride. And if you need a car in Reims, just get one at the train station there.

Seattle
Level Contributor
19 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rental pick-up at Carousel-Louvre, Paris

When I rented a car for a drive around the the Champagne & Alsace region, I picked up the car at the CDG. If I were to rent a car again for this region, I'd do as dhauk suggests - take a train, then pick up rental car. The rental locations are right next to the train stations. You will avoid auto-route tolls. You won't need the car for as long.

J D
New York City, New...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Rental pick-up at Carousel-Louvre, Paris

I picked up a car at this location last week. Its in the center of Paris so you are going to have to drive through Paris to get to a highway. Driving in Paris isn't as bad as it sounds - signage is good, drivers are relatively civilized. Traffic can be a problem particularly at rush hour. We picked up on a Sunday - be aware that many car rental company locations are closed on Sunday. They had a very limited selection of cars.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,954 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Rental pick-up at Carousel-Louvre, Paris

Try Gare de Lyon or Gare de Bercy -- they're both very close to the access point to the A4 which will take you Reims..

Taking the train to Reims is even easier.

5. Re: Car Rental pick-up at Carousel-Louvre, Paris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2013, 05:16