We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight arrives in to CDG @ 15:40 - dinner reservations etc?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
120 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Flight arrives in to CDG @ 15:40 - dinner reservations etc?

Hello all,

I am in the process of booking flights for my birthday in December from Glasgow to CDG.

The flight on my birthday (12/12/12) leaves at 12:45 meaning I would get into Paris at 15:40.

Was just wondering really how long people would anticipate it would take to get from CDG into Paris (by train)? I would love to visit Eiffel tower on the night of my birthday but would I have time along with dinner etc?

Also, I had been looking at a hotel in Bercy Village but I'm thinking this would be too far away in terms of time? Would I be better staying more centrally given the tight time frame?

Any input would be gratefully accepted. I have never been to Paris before and havnt the first clue about size/orientation etc so bear with me!

Many thanks indeed,

Kerry

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
342 reviews
from US$60.86*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,256 reviews
from US$105.89*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
534 reviews
from US$43.82*
Skip the Line: Eiffel Tower...
666 reviews
from US$108.32*
the big blue marble
Level Contributor
16,174 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight arrives in to CDG @ 15:40 - dinner reservations etc?

bercy village is a cute area.

If you check in luggage, count 2 hours from your gate to your hotel room.

Which means 6pm. Paris restaurants don't start serving dinner until 8pm, so you'll have two hours to shower, change and visit the Eiffel Tower before dinner, which is more than enough.

OR, you could dine somewhere between Bercy and the Tower, then take a nice stroll to the tower to digest your meal.

Paris is tiny. Only 16km across, so nothing is really very far.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,078 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight arrives in to CDG @ 15:40 - dinner reservations etc?

Of course the word "tiny" might be considered an exageration to people from cities that are3, 4 or 5 kilometers wide.

Staying central if you only have a few days is a better choice. Bercy is not central.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
120 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight arrives in to CDG @ 15:40 - dinner reservations etc?

Wow, that's fantastic news that it's feasible to be checking in at hotel by evening time, many thanks indeed for getting back to me, appreciate it

Paris
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Flight arrives in to CDG @ 15:40 - dinner reservations etc?

Just confirming - very feasible.

If you want to dine on the tower you need to make sure you have reservations.

But you should be in your hotel well in time to take diner. Many Parisians take diner around 8 or 9pm.

There is a metro from Bercy direct to the Eiffel Tower Metro station (Bir-Hakeim). Should take you around 25 minutes (probably one of the longer metro rides - but direct!).

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
25,083 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flight arrives in to CDG @ 15:40 - dinner reservations etc?

for a short first trip definitely consider a more central hotel than Bercy -- nothing wrong with Bercy but you end up commuting everywhere and it would be nice to be able to walk to many key sites

happy birthday

6. Re: Flight arrives in to CDG @ 15:40 - dinner reservations etc?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 04:19