We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Calling all golfers - can I play near Paris?

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
1,179 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Calling all golfers - can I play near Paris?

I was wondering if any golf courses would be open in November and December. If so, where are some of the courses closest to Paris that would be accessible via train/bus. I'm fine with a 9-hole course, but would need to rent clubs as well.

I'd like to go via train/bus as close as possible but would also be open to taking a taxi from the station.

Thanks, although I'm really not a good golfer, I do love playing in different countries around the world.

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
481 reviews
from US$72.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,157 reviews
from US$108.40*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
570 reviews
from US$51.10*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
460 reviews
from US$329.40*
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,958 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Calling all golfers - can I play near Paris?

there's a course in Bussy-St-Georges (Bussy Golf) and one out at Disney. Both are on the RER-A line.

Don't know about opening, but it's quite possible they'd be closed for the winter (white ball...snow...yeah)

Paris, France
Level Contributor
206 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Calling all golfers - can I play near Paris?

There's one in St Nom la Breteche but it's exclusive and you need to be a member, but there's one next to it in Noisy le Roi. Call them, I'm not sure if it's open all winter.

paris
Level Contributor
630 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Calling all golfers - can I play near Paris?

Here is a list of golf courses around Paris (you can clic on the golf's name to get more information)

hebergementetgolf.com/…

Florida
Level Contributor
17,196 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Calling all golfers - can I play near Paris?

My husband has played at Bussy St Georges course a few years ago, also at Disneyland and at Golf National... He took the RER + taxi to all of the places. He brought his own clubs b/c he plays left-handed. Note that not all pro shops speak English fluently, but golfers are the same all over :-)

We typically did not try to make tee times - he just hung around until they could put him with someone.

Edited: 29 August 2012, 00:57
Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
1,179 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Calling all golfers - can I play near Paris?

Thanks to all of you.

I actually learned to play golf in Senegal so it will be fun to golf in French again. Do the courses require caddies? I know a lot do in Africa including Morocco.

I looked at that course and the one in Noisy le Roi. It's not at the top of my list but if one day the weather is nice, that may be where I go, esp. if my boyfriend comes over to join me for part of the month.

6. Re: Calling all golfers - can I play near Paris?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 04:17