We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tattooist in Paris?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
scotland
Level Contributor
204 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Tattooist in Paris?

We will be in Paris in 3 weeks time. Last time we were there, I only came across one tattooist in Le Marais, but they were closed. I have tried the search forum but the most up to date info was back in 2011 (according to my findings).

Is the information provided still the same? Anyone able to point me in the direction of a clean, good tattoo artist? Is there a particular area, for example, where I am more likely to encounter tattoo shops?

Thanks in advance for any/all help provided.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tattooist in Paris?

Not my main domain of knowledge, but the great majority of the tatooists operate in the Les Halles-Beaubourg area in Paris.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
3,464 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tattooist in Paris?

True indeed, but the best tattooists tend to work by specialty, so it would help to know what kind of item you are looking for: tribal, letters, amount of color, based on a portrait, landscape, heroic-fantasy, small / big piece...

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,107 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tattooist in Paris?

I am disappointed, Kerouac. I had always thought that your avatar was a photo of your back :)

the big blue marble
Level Contributor
15,725 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tattooist in Paris?

My lids have piercings, not tatoos, but they go to Abraxas which does tatoos, as well. Theplace is impeccably clean and works with real artists.

the big blue marble
Level Contributor
15,725 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tattooist in Paris?

lol... Kids have piercings, my lids are hole-less!

scotland
Level Contributor
204 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tattooist in Paris?

Thanks for the replies. Les halles Beaubourg noted, thanks kerouac2.

Parisix, thank you for your reply. I would like to think that when I'm in Paris, I could then decide what I want done, but your advice has been noted and certainly, I will ponder it in the coming weeks. I only plan the ones I have done locally, usually when travelling I pick something significant on the spot.

Phread, I had to re-read your post, I thought you meant eye-lids had been pierced. Ouchees. (Although I have seen this in picture). None-the-less, I am delighted that your lids remain hole-less! Thanks, can you please advise me whereabouts the shop is at?

the big blue marble
Level Contributor
15,725 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tattooist in Paris?

They have a studio near Beaubourg and another near Saint Honoré...

Edited: 02 September 2012, 18:14
Paris, France
Level Contributor
3,464 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Tattooist in Paris?

If you're not too sure about what you would want, you can head to Tin-tin near Place de Clichy in the 9th (a counter example of the Beaubourg location): they have resident and guest tatooists of all styles and are very consciencours about the design process. You however cannot just drop in and be tatooed right away, a preliminary meeting is necessary to discuss your project and who will be in charge, which I find professional (don't count on Tin-tin himself, the guy is booked a year in advance).

You can get an idea of their work at http://www.tin-tin-tattoos.com/home.php

Abraxas is a good place as well, they have several places; the Beaubourg one is on rue St Merri

scotland
Level Contributor
204 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tattooist in Paris?

Thanks Phread, appreciated.

Parisix, cheers for the link, I knew I recognised the name 'tin-tin'. As soon as I clicked on the page I immediately recognised the portfolio sample from a previous article in Skin Deep tattoo magazine. I look forward to visiting the address and enquiring. Thank you very much for your response.

Edited: 02 September 2012, 20:32
Anacortes...
Level Contributor
2,560 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tattooist in Paris?

This is not meant to denigrate in any way your choices regarding your own body, but looking at those pictures ------ OMG!