We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where should we go after a week in Paris on a 16 day trip?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
604 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Where should we go after a week in Paris on a 16 day trip?

We are planning a trip to Paris next May and plan to spend a week of our two week trip there. I was looking for suggestions where we might spend our second week. We haven't seen much of Europe and would welcome any advice on what might be a second city to travel to either before or after Paris.

We would go by train and allow for up to a day of travel and get open jaw flights, into one city and out of the other. Our first choices were London or Amsterdam, probably because they just seem obvious. We thought about spending the second week in France, but again we thought it might be more interesting to do another country I realize this is subjective, but if you've done something similar I'd love to know your choice. Thanks in advance for any advice.

los angeles
Level Contributor
8,995 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where should we go after a week in Paris on a 16 day trip?

I think London and Amsterdam are great choices, and you can do your whole trip by train, which is another plus.

scotland
Level Contributor
204 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where should we go after a week in Paris on a 16 day trip?

I would love to do a similar thing OP, one week in Paris then a week in Rome. It depends on what you're looking for in your second week, the Scottish Highlands are beautiful at any time of the year. My favourite place in Spain is Mijas, its a quick journey from Fuengirola.

You could chose to go anywhere though, you are in a very nice predicament! (Part of me feels that if it were me, I'd possibly spend the 2 weeks in Paris and it would still not be enough!)

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
10,493 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where should we go after a week in Paris on a 16 day trip?

Easy decision for me ..... divide 16 by three .... London, Paris & Rome.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
1,810 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where should we go after a week in Paris on a 16 day trip?

Would you enjoy some mediterranee ? What about Nice ? Plenty of daytrips by train on the riviera.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5,115 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where should we go after a week in Paris on a 16 day trip?

A week in Paris followed by a week in London - heaven on a stick! And you wouldn't be rushed. I think splitting just one week between London and Amsterdam would leave you tired and frustrated. Don't try and do too much with only one week. Make the most of it in one city

PARIS
Level Contributor
12,812 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Where should we go after a week in Paris on a 16 day trip?

Do both London and Amsterdam ..say 4 nights in London and 3 in Ams

USA
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Where should we go after a week in Paris on a 16 day trip?

We have gone to Paris and other places for 16 days on three different vacations and loved each trip.

Try Normandy , Bruges, and Brussels by rent a car.

Or go to the south to Avignon, to Aix, to Uzes.

And, against the advice of others, we spent a whole week in Amsterdam and loved it.

In Uzes, Amsterdam and Paris we rented apts.

8. Re: Where should we go after a week in Paris on a 16 day trip?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2013, 10:16