We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to buy cheap blanket or conformer?

The Great State of...
Level Contributor
404 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
where to buy cheap blanket or conformer?

I'm in the edge of the Marais, between Place des Vosges and the Bastille Metro Stop. I need to buy a cheap blank or comforter and would love to find a store a la Target or Walmart. Any suggestions? I don't mind riding the metro to find it.

Thanks.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,662 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to buy cheap blanket or conformer?

Just a stab in the dark, but have you tried the BHV store, on rue de Rivoli in the 4th arrondissement of Paris, facing the Hôtel de Ville? We went there looking for cardboard tubes to hold posters I wanted to mail home. BHV seems to have a wide range of household categories.

Just a thought - good luck. (BTW - just love what spell checker did with the topic title!)

Paris, France
Level Contributor
206 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to buy cheap blanket or conformer?

As in the US, the big, cheap stores aren't usually within the city itself.

The best and closest, though, would be to go to La Défense (10 mn from city center, metro 1, Rer A...) and right outside the station there's a shopping mall called "Les 4 temps" in which there's a hypermarket (as close as ypu'll get to Walmart) called "Auchan".

The Great State of...
Level Contributor
404 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to buy cheap blanket or conformer?

Merci. Might have been my own bad spelling. Have a nasty headache this morning

the big blue marble
Level Contributor
16,174 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to buy cheap blanket or conformer?

IKEA... you can get to many of them by RER

Paris
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where to buy cheap blanket or conformer?

Come on, no need to trek to Ikea, taking one RER + 5 km in the wilderness or one bus to buy a cheap blanket! Head straight to Barbès instead and have fun rummaging at Tati, of course (http://www.tati.fr/maison.html). Next door, you can also try Guerrisol (www.guerrisol.com). K2, who knows the area quite well, might be able to direct you to other shops in the neighborhood. But with these two, you should be all set.

The Great State of...
Level Contributor
404 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where to buy cheap blanket or conformer?

Tati has 19 euro comforters on its home page. There is one at Republique. Allons y!

Paris
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: where to buy cheap blanket or conformer?

Tout à fait! You'll see, you'll have fun! But if you don't find it at République, don't hesitate to go the flagship store at Barbès, that's a whole new dimension.

Edited: 03 September 2012, 12:53
Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,774 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: where to buy cheap blanket or conformer?

No rush though, it's going to be baking hot again this week : uk.weather.com/weather/10day-Paris-FRXX0076

Paris
Level Contributor
3,212 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: where to buy cheap blanket or conformer?

In the various market streets around the city you will usually find a shop selling inexpensive blankets and comforters, for example, in the rue de Levis and in the rue Cler.

Hayti, Missouri
Level Contributor
2,424 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: where to buy cheap blanket or conformer?

Wouldn't Monoprix carry something like that? And there are literally all over Paris. That's probably the closest to Target.