We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

16th arrondisement restaurants

georgia
Level Contributor
39 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
16th arrondisement restaurants

Going to Paris!! Staying in 16th arr., near Trocadero. Can anyone help me w/finding cheap meals in the neighborhood? Also, would like to have 1 or 2 "nicer" dinners ($20-30E each). I appreciate all ideas! Thanks!

Dublin
Level Contributor
132 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: 16th arrondisement restaurants

Remember that $20 is roughly €15 and $30 is about €22.

There's a website you can look up regarding restaurants in Paris (by different arrondisements:

www.bestrestaurantsparis.com/en/

Use the 'multicriteria search' on the right so you can choose from budget etc.

Hope this helps.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
206 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 16th arrondisement restaurants

It's the most expensive neighborhood in Paris, so most restaurant's aren't that cheap. Also, 20 to 30 euros can get you a nice meal at lunch, but dinner is much more expensive.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 16th arrondisement restaurants

The 16th is not the area for cheap meals. You can find acceptable places on the Champs Elysées within your budget: Chez Clément, Bistro Romain, Léon de Bruxelles, Pizza Pino....

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 16th arrondisement restaurants

It will be a challenge to stay in that price range in one of the most expensive neighborhoods in Paris!

You'll have to peruse the posted menus. Obviously, much depends on what you choose from the menu.

One of our favorite "bargain" spots, with excellent food, is La Mascotte, (ave President Wilson).

Wander down Chaussée de la Muette and look at the blackboard specials.

And, have a look at The Fork.

georgia
Level Contributor
39 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 16th arrondisement restaurants

I see what you mean concerning the Euros! (I meant E20-30 but that isn't much money either) The restaurant website is AMAZING!! What have I been missing all this time!!?? Seeing the pics, I instantly knew we will eat at Brasserie Promtemps and probably a few others on the website. Merci'

We saw a restaurant below the street w/brick walls--I think it was in Ile St. Louis/Cite', and have been thinking of it for 3 years. I'll search the pics & see if I can find it. I had amazing, old world ambiance.

MERCI'

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 16th arrondisement restaurants

Unless you're ravenous, resist the urge to order a 2 or 3 course "bargain" (formule, menu, prix fixe, or whatever it's called on the "carte"), particularly if there are more appealing offerings a la carte.

I've learned, after many trips, it's really best to order what you really want than constantly endeavor to get a bargain or even save a few Euros.

We also have dessert and coffee elsewhere, at another time.

For one thing, there's a far better selection of desserts at patisseries and, for another, the coffee is much better in cafes (usually) than restaurants, and both are less costly elsewhere.

georgia
Level Contributor
39 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 16th arrondisement restaurants

Thanks! I also want to investigate patisseries. I really love looking at huge, local bakeries, etc. in every city in which I travel. I'm also interested in seeing a really cool cheese shop. Missed them, somehow, last trip. (Caught La Maison du Chocotat, of course, but, alas--too much to see, do and eat!!)

Metro Vancouver
Level Contributor
4,737 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: 16th arrondisement restaurants

Nobody has mentioned yet that the VAT (tax) and the tip are already INCLUDED in the posted price of a meal in Paris...

You don't have to leave anything extra, but if, as an average American, you feel that you have to leave something..1 Euros per person will do.

georgia
Level Contributor
39 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 16th arrondisement restaurants

Restauranteurs don't mind you coming just for dessert? I saw a great one on a menu but was hesitant to walk in just for dessert.

Paris
Level Contributor
3,144 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 16th arrondisement restaurants

georgia, I believe most restaurants would be surprised to have customers order only dessert. I suppose if they aren't otherwise busy they might be ok with that, but it does seem odd.