We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air France lost my luggage - advice on compensation?

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
196 reviews
Save Topic
Air France lost my luggage - advice on compensation?

Our 5 day weekend in Paris was spoilt by the fact that Air France lost my luggage for 3 out of the 5 days!

In fact their contracted delivery company had swapped the labels on my suitcase with that of a child going to Disneyland, so my suitcase spent 3 days in the reception of a Disneyland hotel.

(We returned the child's suitcase to Air France after it spent only 1 day in our hotel).

Air France, when our hotel & I called them often over 3 days, just couldn't care less. They kept saying "We do not know where your suitcase is, we will call the delivery company". I kept thinking "When??"

In the end my hotel called the Disneyland hotel who confirmed they had my suitcase! My hotel then had to plead with Air France to return it to me, and a good 24 hours later their regular night delivery did so. No attempt to try to rectify their mistake and instantly taxi it to me !!

Do you have any good experience of getting compensation out of Air France for all the stress (in addition to reimbursing me for the money I had to spend for the extra underwear and a change of clothes I was forced to buy, more expensively than I would have done if I was not desperate !)?

Thank you for your help.

Loire Valley
Level Contributor
6,990 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air France lost my luggage - advice on compensation?

rcn-ifna.org.uk/html/eu_delay_compensation.h…

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,146 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air France lost my luggage - advice on compensation?

Well, maybe they will compensate you for the underware, but, I doubt very seriously if any airline would compensate you for " stress" as that is airline travels middle name.

Newcastle
Level Contributor
5,100 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air France lost my luggage - advice on compensation?

The web site is for EU is there a web site for rights for USA?

We just got back from a trip within the USA and my husband's luggage was damaged badly and the person said they would not cover it! I got name and all. I was think ing of going to small claims court for damages!

I will have to buy a new 26 incher as we will be leaving soon for France. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air France lost my luggage - advice on compensation?

Since you were travelling on an EU airline to an EU destination, your rights are clearly spelled out and guaranteed by EU legislation. BUT you must file a proper claim with AF ASAP and in any case within the time limit.

Take a look at the site the Wiz has suggested. Also there was a thread a week or two ago covering this in some detail. There are a couple of other web sites listed there. I think if you do a search on "compensation" the thread should shw up.

Bad news that AF took such a casual attitude to all this.

Go after them for everything that is due you!

I hope you get them where it hurts!

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air France lost my luggage - advice on compensation?

Discover -

Unfortunately within the US, policies for delays. damage, etc. are entirely up to the individual airline. Your only option is to squawk VERY loudly, all te way up to the CEO of the airline concerned, and post the name of the airline wherever, including here. Airlines don't care much about any individual passenger any more, but bad publicity is not something they actively seek.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
23,559 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air France lost my luggage - advice on compensation?

You can always claim for reasonable expenses incurred while without your luggage for the couple days, with receipts.

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Air France lost my luggage - advice on compensation?

You can claim for such things, bimbibob. Getting any satisfaction is something else again.

I fought AA for two months before I got any joy for something similar, but (and not to knock our neighbors in the frozen north) the WORST I ever had was a HUGE fight with Air Canada who lost a bag of mine for almost three months. And I had been telling them from day one that I knew where they had sent it and why. But would they listen to me? Hell, no! It's a long story, but it ended up costing AC a bundle, just because they acted like a bunch of jerks. And I got a new bag and a goodly quantity of other stuff before they finally found the bag intact just where I told them it was...

West Orange
Level Contributor
118 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Air France lost my luggage - advice on compensation?

WT--

So sorry to hear about this--it must have been very frustrating, and I'm hoping, as Rover said, you get them where it hurts.

If you don't mind my asking, was this on a direct or connecting flight?

Regards,

Seth

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Air France lost my luggage - advice on compensation?

Thank you all for your help - especially the weblink. I shall update you in a few months!!! as to how I get on.

I shall ask for money for the stress due to their negligence??

Seth, it was a short hop direct Air France flight from London LHR to Paris CDG.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
3,649 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Air France lost my luggage - advice on compensation?

I wish you luck but do not think much will come out of this. Please prove us wrong!

Best is to take a travel insurance when you purchase a ticket. They do offer some compensation in a case like yours. For expenses not stress.

Happened on B.A. to a friend. She got nothing from the airline plus the taxi driver demanded payment for his trip while delivering the suicase 3 days later!