We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are there any luggage lockers at Gare Du Nord station?

Melbourne
Level Contributor
34 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Are there any luggage lockers at Gare Du Nord station?

I found a thread with a link to a report by Kerouac about Gare Du Nord which was full of very useful info but it is dated 2009. I need to know if the luggage lockers are still there, and if so, how long can you leave your luggage for. We are being picked up by coach at Gare Du Nord for a cycling tour and don't want to take all of our bags with us so we are looking for somewhere to store 1 or 2 suitcases for about 7 days. The tour returns us to Gare du Nord so this would be our preferred location for storage. Can anyone help please?

Loire Valley
Level Contributor
6,990 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are there any luggage lockers at Gare Du Nord station?

Yes - still in the same place, but 24 hour maximum (as far as I can work out) gares-en-mouvement.com/en/…

Edited: 04 September 2012, 23:34
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
25,521 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are there any luggage lockers at Gare Du Nord station?

there are -- you check them in through a security screening of course -- I don't recall how long -- I would be surprised if you can leave them for 7 days -- I think it is 48 hours.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are there any luggage lockers at Gare Du Nord station?

If the lockers cannot be used for that period of time (I don't think they can), there is a manual left luggage office at Gare de l'Est, just a few blocks away.

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
2,812 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are there any luggage lockers at Gare Du Nord station?

Are you staying in the same hotel before and after your cycle tour? If so they may be willing to store your luggage for the week.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
34 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Are there any luggage lockers at Gare Du Nord station?

Thanks for the responce everyone. We are staying at different apartment before & after the tour so this is not an option for storage. I just checked Gare De L'Est  web site and it states that luggage can only be stored for 48 hrs. Looks like we will be a bit cramped on the barge (it's a cycle/barge tour) but it will become part of our holiday memories.

Hove, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,945 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Are there any luggage lockers at Gare Du Nord station?

Not sure how easy it would be to arrange, but something like this may be worth a look.

shurgard.fr/en/…Paris-Gare-de-l-Est

They are usually used to store furniture and household items, but I know most storage facilities have small units available (my brother uses one here in UK to store books), apparently there is no minimum timescale.

Edited: 05 September 2012, 09:32
7. Re: Are there any luggage lockers at Gare Du Nord station?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2013, 10:17