We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Allons-y!.......leave tomorrow for Paris - thank you!

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,939 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Allons-y!.......leave tomorrow for Paris - thank you!

Aloha from Kaua'i!

I just had to post what will probably (not promising!) be my last posting before we leave tomorrow for Paris (did I just say I leave for Paris tomorrow????).

Had to thank everyone here for all the wonderful and very kind responses to my many questions that I throw out before our trip - you all have helped me so very much and I truly appreciate it - believe me!

A big factor this year is finding out about Journees du Patrimoines being held while we are there - I don't know if I would have found out about it while I'm there, and being given the information here in advance has helped me tremendously in researching just what I want to try to visit during those 2 days - very excited about this!

I won't have a laptop with me, but I'll try to post little reports (promise they'll be short!) as I go along in Paris from my iPhone - and then a big whopper Trip Report as usual when I get home!

I am so very fortunate to be going back to Paris for my 3rd year in a row - I really never in my life expected to have this opportunity, so I do not take it for granted in anyway, shape or form.

Thank you to all who have patiently put up with my questions and been so kind to help me out with great answers - I have many notes and have printed out many responses as well to take with me.

So.....unless I see you in Paris.....a bientot!!

Oh, and wish me luck for the "La Parisienne" race/walk on Sunday - I've had shots in the knee that I had surgery on 3 years ago, so I should be good to go - but I think I'll be walking it! Cannot wait!

Malama Pono (take care)

Janet

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,954 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Allons-y!.......leave tomorrow for Paris - thank you!

Have a great time, m'dear -- I'm sure you will!

And take it easy on the knee, okay? :)

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Allons-y!.......leave tomorrow for Paris - thank you!

Have fun, Janet. You need a tiny netbook like what I take on my trips!

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,881 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Allons-y!.......leave tomorrow for Paris - thank you!

Janet, have a great time! I wish you good health, good weather and good food...(not necessarily in that order :)...

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Allons-y!.......leave tomorrow for Paris - thank you!

Just so you'll remember how the last trip went.... ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebDVU2OjsSw

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Allons-y!.......leave tomorrow for Paris - thank you!

Have a wonderful time. You are truly a lover of Paris ...

OBTW, you'll probably be flying over Tampa -- I can be ready to jump into your suitcase at a moment's notice!! LOL

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,176 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Allons-y!.......leave tomorrow for Paris - thank you!

Janet have a wonderful time, I know you will without even saying it!

And if you feel inclined please post, its great hearing peoples on the spot trip check ins,, and make it as long as your heart desires! Who can tire of hearing about Paris?

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,939 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Allons-y!.......leave tomorrow for Paris - thank you!

Aloha from Kaua'i!

OMG -- "kerouac2" - my always lengthy tome - well, at least it is good to read before falling asleep, no? LOL

I'm not skilled with using the keyboard on my iPhone, so my little "on site" reports will no doubt be short (I hear sighs of relief as I type this!), but I'll try to make sure they are at least legible!

This is the first time I can remember being truly excited about a flight as well -I can start practicing my French on the poor FA's on the Air France flight from LAX to CDG! Pity them....poor things!

Right now in the early morning is the calm before the storm that will become my day of doing last minute stuff - my iPhone says it will be 88 degrees farenheit on Sunday, so definitely going for light clothing for the race I think!

Thank you for all your kind comments - I will most certainly have a wonderful time - no question about that!

Malama Pono (take care)

Janet

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
259 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Allons-y!.......leave tomorrow for Paris - thank you!

Janet - I will be there on Sunday (yay!!!!!)... it sounds like our trips are pretty similar - we will be there for 2 weeks as well, and a lot of your questions have helped me plan our trip. If we were getting there one day sooner, I would have done that race, too!

Have a wonderful time - I can't wait to hear about your adventures! :)

Saratoga Springs, NY
Level Contributor
5,461 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Allons-y!.......leave tomorrow for Paris - thank you!

Have a fantastic trip!!!!

Hayti, Missouri
Level Contributor
2,424 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Allons-y!.......leave tomorrow for Paris - thank you!

Have a wonderful time, Janet. If you happen to bump into an American gal with short red hair looking impossibly lost, say hello as that's probably me! LOL