We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

advance booking? hotels and attractions

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Long Island NY
Level Contributor
789 posts
270 reviews
Save Topic
advance booking? hotels and attractions

I will be in Europe next August and am just starting to think about the big picture for the trip. For now I want to uncover any must-do things that either require advance booking or are only a once a week occurrence. Let me know if you can think of any.

Also, is it possible to keep a flexible itinerary and only book lodging a few days in advance as we head towards Paris from Brussels.

We are experienced off the beaten path travelers with 2 young teens if that helps. This is our first time in Paris.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
7,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: advance booking? hotels and attractions

The question about attractions or events requiring advance booking is too wide to answer. We don't know what you and your family are interested in nor which countries you plan to visit. You may ask this question on the different countries' respective forums, but please give some indication of your areas of interest.

About advance booking of hotels: August is peak tourist season, in major European cities and popular destinations like London, Amsterdam, Brussels or Paris I would not risk leaving the booking until a few days ahead. Especially not for a family of four. If you're driving it is possible to keep some flexibility between cities where you can drive on to the next town.

Long Island NY
Level Contributor
789 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: advance booking? hotels and attractions

I posted this message in the Paris fourm so was looking for only answers about Paris.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,768 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: advance booking? hotels and attractions

In addition to booking your hotel in advance I would also book train tickets (for TGV and other fast trains) in advance in order to get the best price. Book TGV through TGV Europe (choose Antarctic as you ticket collection to avoid being routed to the more expensive Rail Europe) and the Eiffel Tower. You might enjoy the behind the scenes tour available www.cultival.fr .

Pennsylvania
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: advance booking? hotels and attractions

I highly recommend you to book hotels in advance,i think it is "a must do" thing,regarding attractions ,it is helpful and time saving if you book tickets in advance,some places like opera you may need to book one month in advance for some performances.

5. Re: advance booking? hotels and attractions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2013, 10:16