We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parc International in Maisons Laffitte and French Alps trip.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Parc International in Maisons Laffitte and French Alps trip.

Hi we are thinking of staying a the Parc International in Maisons Laffitte in Aug next year. We want to fly into CDG Airport and do not want to hire a car. I read on a review that there is no direct train from CDG airport to Maisons Laffitte from Friday till Sunday.

Can anyone tell me if this is the case and if so can anyone suggest other transport options to the site. We want to visit Disneyland for 2 days and Paris for 1 day.

We then need to get back to the airport, we want to fly onto Geneva or Lyon for a week in the French Alps probably staying by Lake Annecy. We will hire a car for the week.

Hope you can help.

Take care.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
1,819 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parc International in Maisons Laffitte and French Alps trip.

If your main interest is Disneyland, Maisons Laffitte is a really bad choice for accommodation, as it's on the opposite side of Paris. It would take you more than one hour to go from Maisons Laffitte to Eurodisney ( and I mean station to station, not from the hôtel to the park) , and the one way ticket would cost 10,50€

It'd be much better to find accomodation in Paris, or even near Eurodisney.

I'm not aware of any direct train between CDG and Maisons Laffitte, the only route I know is RER B from CDG to Chatelet les Halles then connecting on RER A to Maisons Laffite, It takes a little above one hour.

TGV train is also a good option to go either to Geneva or Lyon, probably as fast as flying, if you take into account travelling to and from the aiports. Gare de Lyon, the station in Paris from where the TGV trains heading south start, is easily accessible from Eurodisney by RER.

I just checked and realized that Parc International may not be a hotel's name, Do you mean the camping ground ? It's stil not a good option, as your train tickets would come to cost more than a budget hotel or hostel.

Edited: 16 September 2012, 21:05
ireland
Level Contributor
976 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parc International in Maisons Laffitte and French Alps trip.

If you are planing to book with Keycamp or Eurocamp you would probably be better looking at their apartments in Val d' Europe. Only one stop on RER A from Disney, and directly into Paris on the same line.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parc International in Maisons Laffitte and French Alps trip.

Thanks for your replys.

Yes I do mean the campground in Maisons Laffite. We love staying in Disneyland's Sequia Lodge have done so twice. I was thinking of different accomodation this time. The treehouses at the camp ground in Maisons Laffite really appeal to our 6 year old son. But if you say it would be awkward to get to from the airport and then onto Disneyland we may have to re think the accomodation in Paris.

Yes I love the idea of the train to Geneva or Lyon as we would get to see more of France on the way. I will def look into that option.

ireland
Level Contributor
976 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parc International in Maisons Laffitte and French Alps trip.

Sorry bunnj, I didn't realise you had such a particular reason for staying at Camping International. The treehouses look cool, they didn't have them when I stayed there.

It's not difficult getting to Maisons Laffite, just time consuming. You get the RER B from the airport to Chatelet les Halles, then change to RER A. The campground is a 10 minute stroll from the station, and Disney and Gare de Lyon are also on RER A.

I would recommend getting 3 day 5 zone Paris Visite passes. This would cover the train from the airport, the commute to and from Disney, and in and out of the city. Your 6 year old's ticket is half price.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parc International in Maisons Laffitte and French Alps trip.

Thanks elleLy that is really good advise. We will def look at the train passes. Do they do 5 day 5 zone passes. As we will be there 4 nights and will need to get to and from the site from CDG on the way and Gare de lyon station if we go to the Alps by train.

Thanks again for all your help and advise.

ireland
Level Contributor
976 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parc International in Maisons Laffitte and French Alps trip.

Yes they do, I thought you only needed 3 days. The passes can seem quite expensive, but with the trip to Disney on 2 days, and airport transfers, individual tickets would probably be expensive too.

We got Navigo Decouverte passes, because we arrived on Monday and left on Saturday, but I get the impression you're arriving on Friday.

Have a look at www.parisbytrain.com lots of info there.

7. Re: Parc International in Maisons Laffitte and French Alps trip.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2013, 10:15