We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to eat frog legs>

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sparks, NV
Level Contributor
86 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Where to eat frog legs>

Can someone recommend a good restaurant that serves frog legs? Going to Paris in early Oct.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
5,564 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to eat frog legs>

A fair number of restaurants serve them, but they are not common. I know some places in Montmartre serve them to tourists. Tourists generally leave them on the plate after seeing them (unlike snails, which they will actually eat), but as long as they pay for them, I guess it doesn't matter.

Snails are a much more common menu item. French people don't eat frog legs any more than they walk around dressed like Marcel Marceau with a baguette and a beret.

Edited: 17 September 2012, 01:19
Mill Valley...
Level Contributor
3,633 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to eat frog legs>

I haven't been, but it gets good reviews: Roger La Grenouille (6e)

https:/…

Amherst...
Level Contributor
259 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to eat frog legs>

Roger le Grenouille, rue des Grands Agustins in the 6th. On this site most of the French seem to like it.

restoaparis.com/restaurant-paris-par-plat/Cu…

Mill Valley...
Level Contributor
3,633 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to eat frog legs>

I'll try again:

tinyurl.com/9przn9m

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
172 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to eat frog legs>

Au Moulin a Vent in the 5th. I ate there a few years ago and the frog legs were delicious. I will be returning on my visit next month. au-moulinavent.com/paris-5-th-france/…

Paris
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to eat frog legs>

Actually, you're more likely to find them in Vietnamese restaurants. Plenty of ponds + French heritage = frog legs are common in Vietnamese cuisine, they sure know how to cook them, light and crispy with salt & lemon.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
3,464 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to eat frog legs>

The two options already mentioned are very wise; another option could be L'Ami Louis, but be sure to read the reviews here, as the staff goes a long way in embodying some cliches of the French bistro (expect cramped place and sometimes rude service). Plus it's not cheap for a bistro.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to eat frog legs>

Le Square Trousseau, 12th arr. Nearest Metro: Ledru-Rollin. Try to sit on the terrace - it overlooks a lovely square. Marche Aligre is just 2 short blocks away, if you are interested in market streets - go before lunchtime, though.

Sparks, NV
Level Contributor
86 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to eat frog legs>

Thanks to all for taking time to respond to my inquiry. Great info.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,002 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to eat frog legs>

ChezEugenes up at Sacre Coure my son loves them.