We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I've booked my apartment in Paris! Soooo excited!!

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5,017 posts
188 reviews
Save Topic
I've booked my apartment in Paris! Soooo excited!!

My landlady has finally come back to me overnight to say her 2013 calendar is open. I first approached her in May - too early! - and have been holding my breath ever since (not literally!). I'm in for 10 days in June 2013, in the most gorgeous apartment right opposite the vineyard in Montmartre. I'm so excited, I might scream, but that would frighten my cat, Misty Wattle, who has not yet been told about going to boarding school next year for 8 weeks! I've bought a new suitcase - smaller than my present huge one - and will try it out to Hong Kong next month.

NE Victoria...
Level Contributor
2,672 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I've booked my apartment in Paris! Soooo excited!!

Good for you, Dale! That's pretty exciting. I'm glad you got the apartment you wanted - it makes all the difference, doesn't it?!

:)

Now you can while away the intervening months imagining yourself in your apartment in the mornings scoffing baguettes slathered with butter from Normandy. One of my favourite things to do in Paris...

Does the apartment overlook the vineyard?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5,017 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I've booked my apartment in Paris! Soooo excited!!

It sure does. It looks up to the Musee Montmartre and is just along from Le Lapin Agile. Am I brave enough to go there on my own at 9 pm - usually my bedtime?

rockinryoko
Level Contributor
27 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I've booked my apartment in Paris! Soooo excited!!

In June it will probably be quite light at 9 pm and there'll doubtless be plenty of others out and about. Safety in numbers, I always think.

Saratoga Springs, NY
Level Contributor
5,452 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I've booked my apartment in Paris! Soooo excited!!

Oh congratulations!! And while children don't always like boarding school, I'm sure Misty will be well taken care of by her teachers :-)

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
1,165 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I've booked my apartment in Paris! Soooo excited!!

Can you provide a link for the apartment? I think a lot of us like looking at the places the rest of us will stay.

San Francisco Bay
Level Contributor
3,090 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I've booked my apartment in Paris! Soooo excited!!

Will you be there on the longest day, which the French celebrate by having "White Nights" and have music all over every arrondissement? Now there's a night to stay out late. People travel from area to area to see what's going on.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5,017 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I've booked my apartment in Paris! Soooo excited!!

Unfortunately, won't be there for the longest day

all-paris-apartments.com/en/…ref_15002

Edited: 19 September 2012, 07:29
Portimao, Portugal
Level Contributor
541 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I've booked my apartment in Paris! Soooo excited!!

Congratulations!! I'm glad you got the apartment you wanted! I'm less than a week away (gasp) from finding out why people come from so far away to see Paris (more than once!).

Perugia, Italy
Level Contributor
1,061 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I've booked my apartment in Paris! Soooo excited!!

It's great that you got the apartment you wanted. Do you usually give Misty Wattle lots of notice? I tell mine the day before to minimise the sulking.

IIRC you're planning to go to the ballet, what are you going to see?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5,017 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: I've booked my apartment in Paris! Soooo excited!!

We are down at the beach house now. I've had cats since I was 11 and this is the first one not free to a good home. I got her from a shelter and she is so highly strung. She is looking out the big window at the kangaroos feeding. At least she's calm - for a little while. She'll probably try to get up the chimney soon!

La Sylphide at Garnier. I thought it was Les Sylphides but a strange translation, but it's different. It's a Sunday matinee - the day before I leave Paris. Their 2013 program has been announced already