We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Check Travelocity for Cheap Airfare to Paris!

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
193 posts
Save Topic
Check Travelocity for Cheap Airfare to Paris!

A couple of days ago I was going to book the great deal from NWA that everyone has been talking about. $601 from SFO to Paris. When I went to book it yesterday with my aunt who is a travel agent, the fare had already jumped up to almost $900. But I checked Travelocity and was able to get the exact same flight still at the $601 rate (plus $5 for Tevelocity's fee). Amazing that a travel agent couldn't get it anymore but any Joe Blow on the internet could.

Anyway, I just checked Travelocity this morning and although NWA no longer is offering the low rate, American Airlines now is. I checked a mid May flight for $606.

Just wanted to give everyone the heads up in case you're thinking of a last minute trip to Paris for a great deal. Again this is from SFO, not sure about other cities.

See you there!

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
491 reviews
from US$72.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,167 reviews
from US$109.40*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
585 reviews
from US$51.60*
Special Offer
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
464 reviews
from US$301.00*
US$334.40
Clearwater
Level Contributor
316 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Check Travelocity for Cheap Airfare to Paris!

Thanks the prices are just crazy! Thanks for the tip...

I have found that Travelocity sometimes shows one price then when you continue on they say its not available anymore. I like expedia.com and orbitz.com

Houston
Level Contributor
947 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Check Travelocity for Cheap Airfare to Paris!

I must be a really unlucky person. I've checked out the leads posted here and can't find anything near those amounts. I'm happy for the rest of you, though! :)

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
193 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Check Travelocity for Cheap Airfare to Paris!

Remember that you usually must fly out on a Tues/Wed/Thurs to get the cheapest rates. The dates I checked are departing Tues 5/9 and returning 5/16. When I checked this morning, they even had an offer of roudtrip flight plus 6 nights stay at a couple of good 3-star hotels with good TripAdvisor reviews for only $1300+ for everything! Amazing deal!

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Check Travelocity for Cheap Airfare to Paris!

Just checked flights in May for another thread and found fares ranging from $525 to $600 RT from EWR or JFK to CDG.

Mostly seem to be American or Conti. Check the airlines' sites or

www.mobissimo.com

Don't know about other cities.

Remember, finding moderately priced hotels may be tough in Paris in May...

Newcastle
Level Contributor
5,100 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Check Travelocity for Cheap Airfare to Paris!

Irishrover: I have a qestion for you. I buy a ticket from SeaTac to Paris and I go for 90 days. When I try to get something on line it will not come up saying it is too long a period. I called Travel agents and also brokers and they say I must get a ticket of a different sort that will allow me to stay longer than most tourists.

What do you think?

Is there a way to see if this is true?

Or does someone else know?

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Check Travelocity for Cheap Airfare to Paris!

Discover -

I think the least expensive discount tickets are generally limited to 30 days. It's all a matter of the airlines' arcane coding system.

If you see a good fare on an airline's own site (where I always check before booking through Expedia or any of the others), but it is limited to 30 days, you might try calling the airline and se if you can get them to at least come close to matching the fare for a longer stay, but I don't know that you will get very far.

It's all a matter of the pesky yield management algorithms the airlines use. If I can think of a creative way around the problem, I'll get back to you, but I'm not too hopeful...

Good luck!

boston
Level Contributor
331 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Check Travelocity for Cheap Airfare to Paris!

If you go to a website, sometimes they say that they guarantee the lowest published rate (that includes the Internet, I guess). When I bought round trip tickets from Air France, I really couldn't find lower fares for those days and that time period anywhere else. Of course, a week later, the fares were even lower from Air France and my friend snagged them... she ended up sitting next to me on the flight and traveling for a hundred dollars less!

For chain hotels, their websites offer good deals. The best for me was the Kyriad chain - weekend special was two nights for price of one, with breakfast. So check out the websites and use them to compare!

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
36,129 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Check Travelocity for Cheap Airfare to Paris!

Two things that I have noticed.

One is that if TRAVELOCITY has a particular fare from a particular airline, you can save a few more bucks by booking on the airline's web page, not on TRAVELOCITY.

And secondly, if you are looking for 2 or more fares, try searching for 1 fare. Somethimes there is one cheap fare and more than one more expensive fare. Searchong for 2 fares will not pick up the less expensive 1 fare.

Pjk

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Check Travelocity for Cheap Airfare to Paris!

Pjk -

I hate to appear even more stupid than I am, but I'm not following you. Do you mean that you should look for fares for one person even if you actually need two tickets? Or something else perhaps?