We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

please check my pan

Level Contributor
114 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
please check my pan

Hi hoping some kind people will check my plan for our 6 day trip! W arrive Gard nord st 5pm on tues and well use metro to head to hotel near picpus. Check in and get dinner and wander round local area. wed...day one of for day museum pass. Get metro to notre dame wander round then visit saint chapelle. Head off along river towards Tuileries checking out the bouquinistues. Get early dinner and then visit the museum of hunting which is open late. Thus...cluny museum and explore Latin quarter.plenty of time to stop and enjoy just wandering etc. Louvre is open late I think so may go there and then get dinner. Friday...Versailles...no hurry plenty of garden exploring etc. possible look at d orsay when return. Sat..go to the natural history museum and Hardin plants.maybe the Monet museum.perhaps then explore montmartre and see the fireworks that night. Sunday I thought explore the marauder etc and maybe take a cruise for our last night. Monday morning...i've an idea to explore the covered passages etc in the 2nd and then maybe a big shop...lafayette perhaps...2pm train home!

This is really rather rough...we want to take plenty of time just to relax and wander. The museums are really so heavy in case of poor weather etc and may not all be attempted. Any suggestions or weepies anyone can note? Thanks x

Mentioned in this post
Gard
Gard
Occitanie, France
France Louvre
France Louvre
295 Reviews
Paris, France
Versailles
Versailles
Yvelines, France
Level Contributor
114 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: please check my pan

Oh for the love of Pete...my plan, please check my plan. And i'm looking for errors not weepies...I must seriously find a phone that has a decent auto correct! Sorry.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
37,184 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: please check my pan

I kind of thought "marauder" might be phone-correct for Marais.

8-)

Pjk

Level Contributor
114 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: please check my pan

Yup afraid so! Its so difficult to check back through on the phone! I swear its cursed ;)

Mill Valley...
Level Contributor
4,078 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: please check my pan

Uh, was that one sentence? :-)

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: please check my pan

Just so long as it isn't a bedpan.

Level Contributor
114 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: please check my pan

Hand on heart I can punctuate and spell correctly. I'm ashamed to say I am an English graduate. The silly problem with not having a computer at present is that i'm typing on a tiny screen with only a few lines displayed. I'm so embarrassed now at my stream of consciousness x

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Paris, Denver
Level Contributor
6,106 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: please check my pan

<<wed...day one of for day museum pass. Get metro to notre dame wander round then visit saint chapelle. Head off along river towards Tuileries checking out the bouquinistues. Get early dinner and then visit the museum of hunting which is open late.>>

You could also visit the Ile St. Louis, while you're in the neighborhood.

<<Thus...cluny museum and explore Latin quarter.plenty of time to stop and enjoy just wandering etc. Louvre is open late I think so may go there and then get dinner.>>

Louvre is open late Wednesday and Friday - so maybe move it to Wednesday. I like the shopping on rue de Rivoli - and then you could explore the area around Pomidou museum. I like the plaza behind the museum, even if you don't go inside.

<<Friday...Versailles...no hurry plenty of garden exploring etc. possible look at d orsay when return.>>

How about going to the Eiffel Tower after Versailles?

<<Sat..go to the natural history museum and Hardin plants.maybe the Monet museum.perhaps then explore montmartre and see the fireworks that night. >>

Do you mean the Rodin museum?

<<Sunday I thought explore the marauder etc and maybe take a cruise for our last night.>>

You could start with Pere Lachaise cemetery first, then the Marais, then the cruise?

<<Monday morning...i've an idea to explore the covered passages etc in the 2nd and then maybe a big shop...lafayette perhaps...2pm train home!>>

Lafayette would be a good choice for a Monday morning!

Mentioned in this post
Louis
Louis
129 Reviews
Paris, France
France Louvre
France Louvre
295 Reviews
Paris, France
Versailles
Versailles
Yvelines, France
Eiffel Tower
Eiffel Tower
119,386 Reviews
Paris, France
Hotel Paris Lafayette
Hotel Paris Lafayette
479 Reviews
Paris, France
Boston...
Level Contributor
12,881 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: please check my pan

LOL...that really does get the Typo of the Day Award tho! :)

I think your plan may be too heavy on the museums, but if you're a real buff, it might work.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
37,184 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: please check my pan

For the Marais, if you use L'As Du Fallafel, 34 Rue des Rosiers, as a destination, it will take you into the Marais and past several intersting shops and cafes, etc. It makes a good destination even if you don not want to try fallafel but that's always a possibility. Start on the Ile St Louis and work your way across the river and up into the maurder. And following along at least part of the rue de Temple would also be interesting for the way back.

Pjk

Edited: 17 September 2012, 18:35
Mentioned in this post
L'As du Fallafel
L'As du Fallafel
4,004 Reviews
Paris, France
Louis
Louis
129 Reviews
Paris, France
Bellflower...
Level Contributor
5,411 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: please check my pan

While you're in the Latin Quarter, be sure to stroll down Boulevard St Michel to the Luxembourg Gardens.

MrsJAS

Mentioned in this post
Latin Quarter
Latin Quarter
3,781 Reviews
Paris, France
St Michel
St Michel
25 Reviews
Paris, France
Luxembourg Gardens
Luxembourg Gardens