We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inexpensive Flat in Paris with 4-year old

Madrid
Level Contributor
169 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Inexpensive Flat in Paris with 4-year old

Hi all, I usually contribute to Tripadvisor, but now I found myself needing help with 2 questions:

I'll be traveling to Paris with my husband and 4-year old son from 11-14 Oct.

1st Q: lodging

We would like to stay in an inexpensive (less than 100EU/night) flat in a decent location, close to sites, parks for kids and the metro.

Can any experts recommend a flat-rental site and an arrondissement?

2nd Q: kids

Any suggestions for fun things to do, parks, musuems, etc with a 4-year old. OR a suggestion for a local Paris English-language link about kid stuff.

Thanks!

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
548 Reviews
from US$72.50*
Skip the Line: Eiffel Tower Tour and...
658 Reviews
from US$73.80*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,213 Reviews
from US$121.30*
Eiffel Tower and Louvre Museum...
821 Reviews
from US$123.80*
Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
11,119 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Inexpensive Flat in Paris with 4-year old

I am no expert on flats, but, for three days, I think you will struggle to find to find anything that matches your requirements with that budget. A lot of people recommend trying VRBO.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
400 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Inexpensive Flat in Paris with 4-year old

Your budget is tight. Try http://www.feelparis.com/en/ and see if something catches your eye. I rented with them before and I was happy with their apartments. I stayed in Vaneaux Charm 3 apartment. You may be able to find an apartment in the 18th arr for this price.

For kids there are plenty of things to do. You can go to Disney or if you want to stick with Paris try Jardin du Luxembourg (slides and swings plus walking distance, for adults, to Notre Dame, Louvre) or Jardin D'Acclimation jardindacclimatation.fr/practicalguide2012.p… or try this URL http://www.jardindacclimatation.fr/ and take the petit train from Port Maillot to get there (fun for kids).

Parc de la Vilette is another good option in the 19th arr.

My friend took her 5 years old son to Cites des Sciences and he had a blast

www.cite-sciences.fr/en/cite-des-sciences

You can google the places I mentioned and see what your son may enjoy doing.

Monica

Bedoin, France
Level Contributor
4,908 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Inexpensive Flat in Paris with 4-year old

You could try www.centreparis.com They are a budget agency in Paris that I have had success with. However, if we are talking about Oct. of THIS year, less than a month from now, you may have a hard time finding availability.

You could try the www.citadines.com site, but they will be above your budget.

Good luck.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
27,116 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Inexpensive Flat in Paris with 4-year old

October is a very busy month and this is last minute. If you want lodging that cheap for only 3 nights, you are probably talking about an inexpensive chain on the edge of town at this point.

You might look on sites for last minute deals or call a few agencies to see if they have a 3 day gap in their schedule that would work for you -- sometimes you can get a deal on last minute gap filling.

Madrid
Level Contributor
169 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Inexpensive Flat in Paris with 4-year old

holy cow!!! I had no idea this would be so challenging. Thank you all for your help. I am actually going to speak at an event and the organizers offered to spring for one hotel night, guess I will take them up on it and add the two extra on top!!! Will let you know how it goes and what I find out.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
6,051 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Inexpensive Flat in Paris with 4-year old

Paris is apparently the most-visited city on the world. Many decent apartments book a year in advance.

Madrid
Level Contributor
169 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Inexpensive Flat in Paris with 4-year old

Thanks again all. I live in Madrid, Spain and there are often amazingly good value vacation packages to Paris on offer and I regularly see ads for super cheap flights, so I assumed this would be easy to plan last minute. Well, lesson learned!

In the end, I am going alone, no family and staying at Hotel Central Ecole which has such good reviews on TripAdvisor...and had a good rate at 150/single. I tried dozens of hotels and they were either booked or minimum 250/night. The apartments were nearly all booked. Of course as Murphy's Law demands, an hour after booking at the hotel, two rentals through VRBO arrived in my in-box, both at under 100.

Anyway, thanks again, the kids resources will come in handy the next time we see and jump on a good weekend trip to Paris.

8. Re: Inexpensive Flat in Paris with 4-year old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 03:19