We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eiffel Tower visits

London
Level Contributor
31 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Eiffel Tower visits

How long does it take to get from the bottom of the Eiffel Tower to the summit and back down again? I've booked tickets for 5pm, so just wondered how long it would take.

Is it advisable to arrive before this time to ensure that I am actually inside the tower at 5pm?

Thanks

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
493 reviews
from US$72.60*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,167 reviews
from US$108.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
585 reviews
from US$51.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
465 reviews
from US$299.60*
BARCELONA.SPAIN
Level Contributor
1,722 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eiffel Tower visits

I think i will depend of the people you find waiting for the elevator in the second level. I was there a couple of weeks ago,and I had to wait for 30 minutes there.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eiffel Tower visits

Arriving more than a few minutes ahead of your reserved time will not speed things up. At precisely 5PM, those with tickets for that time will be allowed to queue for security, then the elevator to the second level. Once there, you join the queue for the elevators to the top.

Descending is the same procedure.

How speedy all this is depends on how busy it is the specific day and time you happen to be there.

London
Level Contributor
31 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eiffel Tower visits

Sorry I should have said, it is Sunday 14th October that I will be going. Is this generally a busy time? I'm hoping it won't be too bad as it is not a school holiday in the UK

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
138 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eiffel Tower visits

I was in Paris three weeks ago, with pre-booked tickets for 10:30pm. The lady in charge of the pre-booked access line let us go up 15 minutes early. We'd cheekily tried to gain access 25 minutes early, but she asked us to come back in 10 minutes.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
17,217 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eiffel Tower visits

And it depends on how much time you want to spend at each level.

Winfield, Illinois
Level Contributor
190 posts
381 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Eiffel Tower visits

We also tried to get in earlier than our time since we got there a little early, and there was no way. They let you in line 10 minutes prior and that is it. Pretty quick after that, there are only a limited number of tickets to the summit, so that line moves.

7. Re: Eiffel Tower visits

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 December 2013, 10:17