We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
1 post
Save Topic
Luggage

People anable to carry their own luggage can't have a porter help?

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,034 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luggage

If you're talking about train stations, no. And, it's generally not advisable to accept assistance.

It's really best to travel only with luggage you are able to manage.

Essex
Level Contributor
26,995 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luggage

Get luggage with wheels??

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
23,452 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luggage

in train stations there are no porters and the ones who rush to help you are often thieves and scam artists. if lucky you just tip them well --if unlucky, they take your bag or pick your pocket.

I believe that it is possible to arrange for services for the disabled ahead of time but I don't know how that would be done.

I know that my husband has occasionally helped other passengers hoist their luggage up the steep steps to the train -- but basically you are on your own -- don't travel by train with more than you can manage.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,139 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luggage

Or there are shipping services that will deliver to your hotels.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,695 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luggage

My husband had a shoulder problem earlier this year and our taxi driver made arrangements with someone in the station office to assist us. This was at Toulouse Train Station. They had two attendants ferry us and the luggage through a special freight elevator to bypass the pesky stairs to the opposite ramp. The attendants waited with us for our train and loaded our bags into the train and even alerted our next stop for assistance. We were very, very grateful and extremely impressed with the attention. We actually did not need the assistance at our next stop as kind passengers helped us out.

6. Re: Luggage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 13:18