We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leaving Tomorrow

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,864 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Leaving Tomorrow

Hi everyone, we are finally leaving tomorrow night and arriving at CDG at 13:30 on Tuesday.

Thanks so much for all the help from everyone on this wonderful forum. We have five nights at Hotel Saint-Louis en L'Ile, before leaving for Amsterdam on the Thalys on Sunday 7th.

We are visiting Paris on a sort of second honeymoon, celebrating our 28th wedding anniversary on 6th October at Jules Verne.

I will definitely post a trip report when I return, and will try and post comments along the way on my iphone. I don't think I can compete with Janet (from Hawaii) though. She is a star with her iphone reports - thanks Janet!

Thanks again everyone, we are ready for a wonderful third trip to Paris. It seems like we should prepare for a very wet holiday, I have been twice before and not seen rain, so this should make it interesting.

Deb

the big blue marble
Level Contributor
15,901 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Leaving Tomorrow

Have a wonderful trip.

BARCELONA.SPAIN
Level Contributor
1,717 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Leaving Tomorrow

I am sure you will have a wonderful time, even if it rains. (Paris is so beautiful)

Jose

Springfield...
Level Contributor
332 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Leaving Tomorrow

Paris is beautiful and captivating even in the rain. bring an umbrella and enjoy

as always,

Phyllis

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Leaving Tomorrow

Have a wonderful trip!

We leave tomorrow as well from Seattle, and will be in an apartment in the 11th for two weeks to celebrate out 25th. We may bump into each other. Just look for an aging couple scarfing down pastries. We won't be the only ones doing that, of course, but we will be doing it all the time.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,864 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Leaving Tomorrow

Nukesafe, we will be the other couple doing that too, except we will be drinking wine with our pastries.

We will be drinking wine with everything :)

Thanks for all the good wishes. Rain won't stop us doing anything, and if the forecasts are like the ones in Australia, there will be no rain anyway.

Portimao, Portugal
Level Contributor
541 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Leaving Tomorrow

Have a great time!! We had rain in Paris and still loved it.

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
18,744 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Leaving Tomorrow

Have a great trip, Deb!

From Hotel St-Louis (wow) you're near to so many places. I'll be looking forward to your posts.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
36 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Leaving Tomorrow

Paris, in the rain, is like no other place...keep your feet dry and try (?) to remember an umbrella...and stop under the awning of a book store

or listen to the call of a cafe table....wine at 9:00 am...isn't it 5:00 o'clock somewhere? You will have a chance to see the cutting edge of " chic rain fashions" passing by your table. Don't forget to look at the light in the late afternoon...especially down on the river...before the boats turn their lights on.

If the sun breaks through for just a minute, hopefully you will be in a park or on the river . The trees and colors are changing.

Rain or shine, embrace Paris. Bon voyage!!

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
36 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Leaving Tomorrow

Sorry about my manners. HAPPY ANIVERSARY!!!!!

Mill Valley...
Level Contributor
3,688 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Leaving Tomorrow

Well, I'm leaving tomorrow too for the whole month, staying in an apt. in the Marais this time. Woohoo! Happy Anniversary, djh1, and have safe and happy trips to you and nukesafe.