We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Navigo Decouverte

Tangier, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Tangier
Level Contributor
850 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Navigo Decouverte

I would like to know if I can buy a Navigo Decouverte for the current week. I am arriving in Paris tomorrow - Tuesday - and leaving the following Tuesday. Obviously I would have 'lost' one and a half days, but the freedom of the Navigo has more appeal and seems simpler than the other kind of cards. I do not need a Paris Visite, as I have done all the touristy things. I need to be able to get around from the 1er Arrondissment to the 20e and St. Germain-en-Laye. Do you think the ND is the solution

SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Paris
City Tours, Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
White Umbrella Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Retro Tour Paris
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
City Wonders
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Night Tours, Day Trips
Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
22,732 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Navigo Decouverte

It really depends on how much you are moving about. You can purchase the ND for travel within the current week until Friday at which time purchases become valid starting the following Monday. Purchasing on Tuesday, the day you arrive, gives you travel access through Sunday.

Cost for central Paris (the card itself is an additional 5€) - 19.15€

If you want an ND that includes St. Germain-en-Laye - 30.25€

Tangier, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Tangier
Level Contributor
850 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Navigo Decouverte

Thanks so much for the information.

Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
15,217 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Navigo Decouverte

Navigo Decouverte are Monday to Sunday so you also lose the days at the end of the second week.

ND may be convenient but a carnet may be cheaper since you only need to buy Zone1-2 for the trips to 20e and then seperate ones for St Germain-en-Laye.

4. Re: Navigo Decouverte

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 08:17