We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

An excellent TAXI ride from CDG to Marais

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,232 posts
Save Topic
An excellent TAXI ride from CDG to Marais

Bonjour,

Hey, I have a good review about a taxi - imagine that!

I arrived in Paris on Sunday, Sept 23 at approximately 3:00pm. I am a woman, and was alone at the time. I got my suitcase, headed straight out of the airport, found a Taxi Parisien, gave the driver my address written down with a google map, and off we went. Now granted it was a Sunday and we were moving at a fast pace near the airport, but once we got closer in, the traffic got heavy - bumper to bumper. This guy knew how to avoid most of it. He was impressive. I practiced my best French on him, told him it was my third visit to Paris.

That taxi ride cost me exactly 46 euros from CDG to Hotel de Ville in the Marais, in tourist central, on a Sunday where you can`t move down the street. That's including my luggage. That was the quickest, cheapest, and most positive taxi ride I've had in my three trips in from the airport. Usually the cost is anywhere from 55-65 euros. I was so pleased with this driver, I gave him 50E and thanked him very much. I love taking a taxi in to start off my visit.

Anyone who reads the Shuttle threads knows that I am a strong supporter of taking a taxi from the airport and not a shuttle, a private car, or Inter Shuttle, and the like. To each his own but seriously, take a taxi! No fuss, no muss, no worry. I just want visitors who are thinking of hiring a private car at the airport, to re-think it. It is not necessary, unless of course, you have a special set of circumstances where a taxi won't work.

I have 17 days left in beautiful Paris.

SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Paris
City Tours, Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
White Umbrella Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Retro Tour Paris
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
City Wonders
City Tours, Night Tours, Cultural Tours, Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours
Bedoin, France
Level Contributor
4,908 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: An excellent TAXI ride from CDG to Marais

Great report ! Have a wonderful time.

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
10,514 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: An excellent TAXI ride from CDG to Marais

Especially impressive given that half the streets in the Marais were closed to traffic for much of yesterday.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: An excellent TAXI ride from CDG to Marais

For sure, especially after an overnight flight, a taxi is worth every Euro.

Have a wonderful visit!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
235 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: An excellent TAXI ride from CDG to Marais

Thank you for taking the time to post! You now have me rethinking my Roissy bus and then taxi from Opéra to the Marais. You have me entirely on board for a taxi back to the airport. So it looks like I will be chatting with our Parisian taxi drivers starting this Friday!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
628 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: An excellent TAXI ride from CDG to Marais

Thank you.

May do exactly what you did!

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
5,862 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: An excellent TAXI ride from CDG to Marais

A taxi is always the best way to get to and from the airports. I've always wondered about the reasoning of people who spend thousands on a trip to Paris and then worry about €40 euro for taxi fare (or the difference in price between a Paris Visite and a Navigo, or between a Museum Pass and the pittance of an admission fee to most museums). Penny-wise, pound-foolish is the expression, I believe.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,650 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: An excellent TAXI ride from CDG to Marais

ITA! I always take a taxi from CDG and have never had a problem. I've rarely had a driver that isn't friendly and have noticed in recent trips that there seem to be more drivers that speak and/or understand English, though I agree it's a great way to brush up on your French skills.

Arcadia, California
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: An excellent TAXI ride from CDG to Marais

Another vote for taking a taxi. On my first trip to Paris over 10 years ago I didn't know about the bad reputation of the shuttles, so being used to Super Shuttle in the US, I had booked it from the hotel to the airport and fortunately had no problems.

This recent trip I used taxis both ways and when arriving at the airport for the trip home, it was raining, and the driver took my bags out of the trunk, left them there and disappeared. Since I hadn't paid yet, I figured she'd be back and I began to move the bags to the sidewalk. Two minutes later the driver came back with a luggage cart that she had gone to get for me. I was totally surprised by this unexpected kindness and can't imagine taxi drivers in other big cities doing such a service.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,232 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: An excellent TAXI ride from CDG to Marais

I'm liking the good taxi stories!

And, thanks for the well wishes.

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,287 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: An excellent TAXI ride from CDG to Marais

We too have had nothing but good experiences with Taxis.

On our first trip, our driver was the same one who took us on a private drive/tour of Normandy. We liked him so much we booked him for our trip back to CDG. There was an accident along the way and he knew side streets to take and got us there in time.

On another trip when Shuttle Inter did not show up for our departure, we literally ran to a taxi stand and at 5:30am were so thankful to see one there. They took 2 of us and our 2 bags from our apt in the 1st to CDG and it came to 39 euro (that was June 2009).

On our last trip, our apt owner arranged the taxi for us and he was very accommodating. There were 3 of us, and we were flying out of different terminals. He dropped me first and let me pay for everyone, then took the girls to their terminal.