We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apartment Rental In Paris

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
88 posts
186 reviews
Save Topic
Apartment Rental In Paris

Hello I am looking to rent an apartment in Paris-does anyone have a suggestion for a good company to go with or any comments on companies to avoid.

Thank you,

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,174 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Apartment Rental In Paris

Parisbestlodge is a great company, I used them for the first time this summer, after decades of hotel and family/friend stays only .

They were and still are well recommended on this site, and its a well deserved reputation.

The only downside is most of their apartments are for 2-4 persons , a few exceptions perhaps.

We loved our rental, the Esmeralda , right in heart of Latin Quarter, on on a quieter side street.

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,881 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Apartment Rental In Paris

I've used Vacation In Paris many times and have been quite satisfied. They're based in the New Jersey, which means your transaction is in USD. Some people find this more convenient than euros.

Figure out what criteria is important to you in an apartment, for example, level of quiet, availability of an elevator and/or washing machine, configuration of bedding, you get the idea. Then figure out where you'd like to be situated within the city. The folks at VIP can help you sort out which of their many apartments will suit you.

Btw, I'll add that, although I've never used ParisBestLodge, it gets great buzz here on TA, so you'll likely want to check them out as well, as Joan says.

Edited: 05 October 2012, 12:32
Port Hope, Canada
Level Contributor
451 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Apartment Rental In Paris

Another company you might check is Paris Vacation Apartments. They have units in Saint Germain, Sacre Coeur area as well as others. Our experience with them was nothing short of worry free.

Also, use the search feature on this forum and you will have more than enought information to assist you with apartments. Once you have selected a few then come back and ask the experts what they think.

Good luck!

4. Re: Apartment Rental In Paris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10 February 2015, 19:03
Hayti, Missouri
Level Contributor
2,424 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Apartment Rental In Paris

I've used Paris At Home twice now and both times have been wonderful!

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Apartment Rental In Paris

I'm a fan of Vacation in Paris. For me, having the keys in advance and not having to meet a greeter is a huge advantage, especially since you have access to the property as early as 10 AM (which precludes having hours to wait with bags in tow to meet your greeter). Our apartments have always included a comprehensive booklet with instructions for operating everything. With a greeter, they go over everything quickly and you think you

understand it all and will remember until you actually attempt to use something.

Other highly recommend resources include RentalFrance, Paris Vacation Apartments, Paris Perfect, Lodgis. There are others you'll find with a search of this forum.

For properties offered by owners, many have reported excellent experiences with VRBO, HomeAway, Homelidays.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hood's Bay, Whitby
Level Contributor
4,874 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Apartment Rental In Paris

I usually use:

www.ownersdirect.co.uk

or

www.cottages4u.co.uk

Stamford, CT
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Apartment Rental In Paris

We used A La Carte Paris for our recent trip - we were very happy with the company and the service they provided, and they have apartments all over the city to choose from. We were in the Eiffel Tower area - it was on a nice quiet area - would have preferred a Metro stop a bit closer, but overall it was a very good choice.

Long Island
Level Contributor
1,661 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Apartment Rental In Paris

I'll put in a plug for the company we used:

apartmentsactually.com

It was a great experience. Sarah, the owner (manager?) was fantastic to work with. She answered every email, every question, etc. She even volunteered/recommended, and made a reservation for us at Spring.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
88 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Apartment Rental In Paris

So, you did not have any concern about noise/sleeping in the apartment?

Thank you,

Edited: 06 October 2012, 02:19