We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris trip report day 4 sunday oct 14

new york
Level Contributor
957 posts
1,128 reviews
Save Topic
Paris trip report day 4 sunday oct 14

Took bfast to lovely Place des Vosges. Deserted.Had place to ourselves. Walked to Bastille discovered big, big sunday market is there lovely struggled to fine promenade plante and did it is by the new opera house and probalby lovely on a sunnier day it inspired the high line in NY walked to left bank and embarked upon our version of Rick Steves' left bank tour---saw Delacroix museum and two lovely churches the old St. Germain des Pres where a new baby was being baptized and the enormous St Sulpice Many lovely upscale shops and galleries As my husband said "it is like Santa Fe but with rain."Went to Gare d'Orsay enjoyed special exhibit on fashion and impressionism and the whole place more than I ever had before!! Took metro to Abbesses a cute walk around neighborhood more developed than Canal St. Martin and of course a jumping off pt. for Montmartre and Sacre Coeur (church).That staion has well preserved art nouveau features and also the steepest winding stairs of any metro station I've seen yet.

SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Paris
City Tours, Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
White Umbrella Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Retro Tour Paris
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
City Wonders
City Tours, Night Tours, Cultural Tours, Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours
Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
19,099 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris trip report day 4 sunday oct 14

I found High Line quite different and more crowded than I've ever seen la promenade plantée, it's interesting to compare.

Saint-Germain-des-Prés church is the oldest in Paris, I love it on a sunny morning, with rays of light cutting across it from its windows.

Is the temp at Orsay big, how long did it take to see it?

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris trip report day 4 sunday oct 14

The reason that the Abbesses metro entrance is so well preserved is that it was only installed there in 1974.

new york
Level Contributor
957 posts
1,128 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris trip report day 4 sunday oct 14

not too long and no supplemental charge either

4. Re: Paris trip report day 4 sunday oct 14

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 09:19