We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I Love Paris in the Springtime or when??

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Phoenix, Arizona
1 post
Save Topic
I Love Paris in the Springtime or when??

I am trying to decide between May and September of 2013. Pros / Cons? Weather? Crowds?

Louisiana
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I Love Paris in the Springtime or when??

I've been both months and prefer Sept. I went in late September and the leaves where changing. The crowds seemed the same to me. The fall was great walking weather.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
2,209 posts
1,733 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I Love Paris in the Springtime or when??

I've been during both months and also prefer September. I found the weather in May to be more unpredictable -- sunny and warm one day, windy, rainy and cold the next -- than in September. But there is never any guarantee about weather. Paris can become quite crowded at certain times in May because of national holidays. In 2013, these fall on May 1, 8, 9 and 20. Otherwise, both months seem to attract large numbers of visitors. I also prefer fall to spring -- don't get much changing of leaves in my part of Arizona -- so that figures into my preference.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,034 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I Love Paris in the Springtime or when??

You never know about weather, but I'm another who prefers September to May.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
3,354 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I Love Paris in the Springtime or when??

I always go in May but I can see that September would have its merits too.

I will have to sit on the fence and say either.

Paris is beautiful any time of year.

new york
Level Contributor
876 posts
1,078 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I Love Paris in the Springtime or when??

The days are longer in May - June you have to stay up really late to see the buildings and monuments get illuminated

End of March still a bargain in some hotels etc. airlines?

October (just left yesterday) was off weatherwise for as much istting outside as I'd like

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,864 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I Love Paris in the Springtime or when??

Aloha from Kaua'i!

I've only been in February/March and then twice in September (including this year) - I loved our September trips! I loved the Feb/March trip as well though.

Weather was lovely in Sept. (we had about half a day of rain last month and that was it in 2 weeks) and warm - the year before it was actually hot and not a drop of rain except at nighttime. Feb/March was crystal clear and very cold....

Don't know if that is the norm, but I love Paris in September (heck, I think I'd love it any month though!).....

Malama Pono (take care)

Janet

7. Re: I Love Paris in the Springtime or when??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2013, 09:17