We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just decided I'm going to Paris for Valentine's Day, what...

Woodlands,TX
Level Contributor
6 posts
Save Topic
Just decided I'm going to Paris for Valentine's Day, what...

Will we be able to get a room on such short notice? We want to leave the 10th to have 4 days including Valentine's Day. We have a budget of about $400 a night for a hotel room. Is this enough? Will we be able to get a room on such short notice? What is a good area to stay in Paris? We have never been to Paris before.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
804 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just decided I'm going to Paris for Valentine's Day, what...

I guess it's not too late if you have some places in an airplane! Read some posts here there is tons of infos about nice hotels in Paris.

Your budget sounds okay, you will not have troubles to find a good room. Try to select one in Saint Germain des Pres (6th arrondissement)

After some research come back here for further help !

Woodlands,TX
Level Contributor
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Just decided I'm going to Paris for Valentine's Day, what...

Bless you Denys! I did some "preliminary" checking and I just do not think that $400 a night is adequate for a hotel budget. I think maybe $500 a night is more realistic. I will now look into this area St. Germain you suggested.

merci.

paris, france
Level Contributor
2,114 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just decided I'm going to Paris for Valentine's Day, what...

i think 400 dollars is very very sufficient, i found 3 stars hotel in st germain for 80 euro/night, on http://www.nyceparis.com.

there in latin quarter or st germain i found 193 euros/night for a 4 stars, and 251 euros for a 5 stars.

Paris
Level Contributor
1,037 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Just decided I'm going to Paris for Valentine's Day, what...

This place sounds nice, with jacuzzi tubs and in SGdP neighborhood.

www.vieuxparis.com

Hotel de Verneuil

Hotel de Fleur also get rave review and they have just renovated the Hotel St Germain on the rue du Bac.

paris, france
Level Contributor
2,114 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just decided I'm going to Paris for Valentine's Day, what...

you can also go there http://www.parisby.com or www.hotels.com, where i found lots of hotels in st germain very good price, like the lutetia which is very famous for 228 euros/night, or lots of 3 stars for 120 euros more or less. you can also choose the marais, very nice district.

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
467 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just decided I'm going to Paris for Valentine's Day, what...

honestly, location wasnt a problem for me in Paris because the metro is so easy to get around on. :) Enjoy valentines day in the city of love :)

Woodlands,TX
Level Contributor
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Just decided I'm going to Paris for Valentine's Day, what...

Ok ya'll, The St Germain area appears to be a good choice and I thank you all for your help. I have narrowed it down to Hotel Luxembourg Parc and Hotel d Aubusson. I really liked the rooms at Luxembourg,but many people seemed to hold the Aubusson in high esteem on here. However, I didn't really care for the style of the rooms with the beams etc. I think I am gonna go with the Luxembourg, so now I am just waiting for them to email me back with the current rate.

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
5,764 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just decided I'm going to Paris for Valentine's Day, what...

Better book a flight then