We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gare Du Nord to Pereire Levallois

San Diego...
Level Contributor
98 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Gare Du Nord to Pereire Levallois

Hello, we are visiting Paris for the first time in mid November. We're stying at the Hotel Magellan on Rue Jean Baptiste Dumas. I'm told it's a short walk from the Pereire Levallois or the Porte de Champerret stations.

We are four adults with carry on rolling luggages wnd would like to take the metro or RER. Is this possible and if so, which lines do we take.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Ana

NE Victoria...
Level Contributor
2,673 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gare Du Nord to Pereire Levallois

It's a bit of faffing about with an RER/métro combo. Take RER B to the Gare du Nord, then métro line 4 to Réaumur-Sébastopol, then métro line 3 to Pereire.

You also could catch Roissybus to Opéra, then métro line 3 to Pereire - probably the most straightforward option. Or the Cars Air France bus to Porte Maillot, then RER C to Pereire-Levallois - more expensive, though.

Another way is to take RER B from the airport to St Michel-Notre Dame, then RER C to Pereire-Levallois, but it is a long way around!

Bear in mind that by the time you've paid for four separate public transport fares, you'll be heading for the price of a taxi for all of you - so for the convenience, you might like to consider the extra expense and just take a taxi from the airport.

These sites may help!

www.ratp.fr/plan-interactif/

aeroportsdeparis.fr/ADP/…public-transport.htm

San Diego...
Level Contributor
98 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gare Du Nord to Pereire Levallois

We are coming to Paris via the Eurostar into Gare du Nord and need directions from there and not the airport.

Thanks!

Ana

San Diego...
Level Contributor
98 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gare Du Nord to Pereire Levallois

Thanks, Halwimsey!

Ichecked the first link you posted and it's great! It's exactly what you suggested from Gare du Nord!

NE Victoria...
Level Contributor
2,673 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gare Du Nord to Pereire Levallois

Sorry! I don't know why I thought that you were coming from the airport when you specifically mentioned the Gare du Nord! That's what I get when I'm not paying enough attention (much more fun being on TA than having to *work*).

:)

Don't know if you saw it, but that interactive map also shows bus routes - click on "Bus" on the left and they'll come up.

NE Victoria...
Level Contributor
2,673 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gare Du Nord to Pereire Levallois

Actually, another way to get to Pereire from Gare du Nord is to walk up to La Chapelle station - there's a tunnel connecting the two - and catch métro line 2 to Villiers, then métro line 3 to Pereire. It's a bit of a walk but there are fewer métro stops to deal with on the journey that way (10 versus 15). Perhaps six of one, half a dozen of the other - it will depend on whether or not you feel like stretching your legs!

They were doing work on La Chapelle station earlier this year and it was closed, but it seems to be open again now - at least, there's no notice of any current closure on the RATP website.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
98 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gare Du Nord to Pereire Levallois

When I used the interactive map and indicated my "Starting Point ( Gare du Nard)" and "Arrival Point ( Pereire-Levallois)" they gave the same instructions you originally gave which is Metro Line 4, then transfer to Metro Line 3 at Reaumur-Sebastopol.

Many thanks again!

Ana

NE Victoria...
Level Contributor
2,673 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gare Du Nord to Pereire Levallois

Yes, I know - the other way is just an alternative. I thought I'd mention it in case you needed to use it! You never know.

It doesn't really matter, the first option will get you there.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
98 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gare Du Nord to Pereire Levallois

You're right in that it's good to have a "Plan B" just in case. Thanks!

Val-de-Marne, France
Level Contributor
8,649 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Gare Du Nord to Pereire Levallois

Personally I would just take métro 2 from La Chapelle to Ternes, it's a direct 13-minute ride and Ternes is not far from your hotel either. I am one to prefer walking a couple more minutes outside over transfering between métro lines.

Edited: 19 October 2012, 10:02
Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
5,834 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Gare Du Nord to Pereire Levallois

Take a taxi.