We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

highlights list recent trip to paris

new york
Level Contributor
949 posts
1,129 reviews
Save Topic
highlights list recent trip to paris

PARIS 2012 highlight list can say more

Museums

New to me were Nissim de Camondo—wonderful; Arts et Metiers, also wonderful; Guimet (not love at first sight, but next to the President Wilson market and it was raining); Delacroix (raining); Atelier Brancusi (loved), the new Islamic wing of the Louvre (loved, empty at 9 or 930 am); the temporary fashion/Impressionism exhibit at the Musee d’Orsay (loved); the impermanent exhibits at the Shoah—Steven Spielberg video archive of Jewish life in Europe before WWII-incredible;

I assumed – perhaps mistakenly – that Picasso was under renovation-having been there before as well as the one in Barcelona (enjoyed that). I also may have mis-assumed the same about Rodin, having been there and having just been to the one in Philadelphia which is just next to the new Barnes (recommend).

Museum-like

First time touring Opera Garner—oh my quite a wow.

Sights

Promenade Plantee – liked a lot – inspiration for the High Line?

Abbesses area and Art Nouveau metro stop- enjoyed but not a must

Canal St. Martin area-not yet a must

Looking at Food

Maille mustard store

Pastry windows of Gerard Mulot

Racks and racks at La Grande Epicerie-including frozen Weight Watcher dinners

Markets at Avenue President Wilson (Sat) and Richard Lenoir (Sun). Each no doubt has another day.

Eating Food

L’ange 20

Frenchie

L’Ebouillante

Can say more

La Ferme de la Ranconniere in Normandy

Paris Walks

Walking tours, loved, can say more….my husband thinks it is not necessary to lead him on a two hour walk before a two hour walking tour begins but to each his own

Shopping-type activity involving stores, sometimes open, sometimes not; sometimes purchasing

Buying handbags always at 334 Rue St. Honore xc Sundays

Deyrolle- to look at dead animals

Rue du Bac to me is a very elegant window shopping walk

And as always, my list of what to do next time—grows and grows including Giverny and Vaux-le-Vicomte, Musee Maillol, Musee Jaquemart Andre, return to Cluny, more Paris Walks, maybe even return to Versailles, sit in more cafes (they have heat lamps, but can’t use them in the rain), drink more wine, eat less bread, see the Promenade Plantee again, consider flying Air France instead of American. I am counting on you to add to this list!!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
1,896 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: highlights list recent trip to paris

(I've wondered the same thing about the promenade plantée being an inspiration for the high line)

Glad you enjoyed your stay in spite of the rainy weather ;)

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
35,498 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: highlights list recent trip to paris

It took us 11 years / trips to get to Giverny but it was worth the wait.

Pjk

3. Re: highlights list recent trip to paris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2013, 10:17