We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

paris best lodge deposit

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
95 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
paris best lodge deposit

Hello,

is it better to pay the deposit to Paris Best Lodge by cheque or PayPal?

Thanks

Huntington Beach CA
Level Contributor
663 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: paris best lodge deposit

I've stayed with paris best lodge 3 times. 4 times this Nov. I always mail my dep by check. He just holds it & doesn't cash it. He will give it back when you meet him at the apt. Totally trustworthy.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,100 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: paris best lodge deposit

i just mailed a check, in my funds, and had no problem. They are , seriously, totally trustworthy. I was nervous too, so I get it, I emailed back and forth a few times with PBL and almost drove them crazy with my worry and questions, but Theirry and Eric are very patient, ethical and anwered all my questions , you won't have an issue.

Ps I did not have a paypal account and really did not want to open one just for one transaction,I prefer to keep most of my info private, so the less times I have to enter it on the internet the happier I am.

Edited: 22 October 2012, 06:11
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
95 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: paris best lodge deposit

thanks for all the info, its been helpful

San Diego...
Level Contributor
422 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: paris best lodge deposit

How did you handle the payment in Paris? I'm not so much nervous about the deposit as I am about paying once I get there. How do most people manage it??? I am very interested in one of his properties, but nervous about traveling with so many euros or trying to get the euros once I get to Paris...

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: paris best lodge deposit

Find out the daily withdrawal limit for your ATM card. If the limit is not sufficient to cover the balance due, ask if it can be raised.

If the maximum limit will not cover the balance, ask Thierry about paying in installments.

Find out the location of the ATM closest to the PBL property you book. Chances are there are several within steps.

It's far more economical with withdraw Euros once in Paris than before leaving home.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,100 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: paris best lodge deposit

I was with my bf, and we arrived in Amsterdam a few days before, we both had oour limits raised, and both took out our limits over 2 days. That way we had enough to pay for apartment and still had cash left over.

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
2,795 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: paris best lodge deposit

If you are planning to use ATMs to access your money while overseas you need to have more than one account in case something happens to your card (you lose it, the machine eats it, the card stops working etc.) I have withdrawn over 1000 Euros on arrival in a city several times. Sometimes I need to use more than one card and sometimes more than one machine but it is not difficult at all.

If you are travelling as a couple each person should have access to money. My friend was briefly hospitalised after a car accident while overseas. Unfortunately her husband didn't have his own ATM card and didn't know the PIN for her accounts. As if having his wife unconscious in hospital wasn't enough - he couldn't get any money either. Luckily she was ok by the next day and was able to tell him her PIN. He spent the night sitting at the hospital and was too worried to eat but if her recovery had taken longer he would have been in trouble.

Canberra
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: paris best lodge deposit

FWIW in 2011 I sent Paris Bestlodge a personal cheque in my own currency (AUD) for the 'deposit' (which wasn't banked) and on arrival settled the full rental amount with AMEX travellers cheques. Check whether the latter is still an option. I've only rented an apartment just that once in Paris so can't make first hand comparisons, but would highly recommend the property (Notre Dame), PBL and Thierry.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
195 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: paris best lodge deposit

Farremog - travellers cheques are still acceptable with PBL (as per email i got a couple of weeks ago).

Sorry I can't add any more info other than Thierry has been great to deal with - I wont be in Paris until October

Canberra
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: paris best lodge deposit

Denstar - thanks, that's convenient - and interesting that PBL still doing so. I wouldn't know, but several here and elsewhere routinely remind us that travellers cheques are rarely accepted these days. One thing though, the related observation that they are also becoming difficult to obtain is patently untrue here in Australia at least, where they are available at any Australia Post office (AMEX commission-free; and mine at a marginally better rate than my bank was using to load euros on its travel card).