We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel/Apartment for 4

reno
Level Contributor
137 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel/Apartment for 4

Before any one goes crazy we have just begun and I am wading through the forum. I am using the search feature. Lots of good info here and I am sure it will be a big help. Never been to Paris and we will be a family of 4 with 2 boys 9 and 11. Looking for something fairly nice, centrally located, and around 150 euros a night for 4 nights in late June 2013. Any suggestions would be helpful. Totally clueless. Would like to be comfortable. Not extravagant, not dumpy, just comfortable. Is my price way off? Arriving at CDG and guess would take a cab? Since only 4 or so days we would most likely only be hitting the MAIN attractions so to be located as close to them would be nice. Thank you for any and all assistance.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
545 Reviews
from US$73.00*
Skip the Line: Eiffel Tower Tour and...
656 Reviews
from US$74.20*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,213 Reviews
from US$122.00*
Eiffel Tower and Louvre Museum...
821 Reviews
from US$124.60*
Paris, France
Level Contributor
17,382 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel/Apartment for 4

You might do better budget-wise looking for an apartment. Since you're only staying 4 nights I'd suggest looking at www.airbnb.com

Otherwise you will either need a quad room or 2 double rooms in a hotel, for this option you will probably need to increase your budget.

Edited: 23 October 2012, 22:48
New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel/Apartment for 4

Hotel rooms in Paris are not like the spacious two queen rooms you find in American chain hotels.

You will have to book a hotel room for four people, a quad room, if you want to stay in one room. Most are quite cozy and have limited storage space, perhaps no closet large enough to hold your empty suitcases. Beds are usually two doubles (also quite cozy if you're used to queen or king at home).

For hotel rooms, do a search of this forum for "quad" or "family" rooms.

Some hotels do have adjoining twins/doubles.

An apartment has a lot of advantages, especially with children, including having seating other than beds, a table/chairs for dining, and a kitchen. Having a kitchen can save you a fortunre (even if you don't care to cook anything) on beverages alone, as well as snacks, breakfast (cereal for the kids), morning coffee without having to get dressed and go out for it, and so on.

There are many recommended resources for booking an apartment and tips for choosing one on this forum. Know, however, that June is a popular month, so the sooner you look and book, the better. But, most require a deposit of some amount, so you may want to consider travel insurance should you need to cancel for a covered reason, as most have restrictive cancellation policies.

The transit system in Paris is excellent and no place is within walking distance of many of the MAIN attractions, so it's really not necessary to be in Tourist Central and you usually receive far greater value if you're not (particularly with regard to nearby shopping and dining as well as the overnight rate).

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
San Diego
Level Contributor
2,404 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel/Apartment for 4

I agree about renting an apt - we have been twice with our kids (first time when they were 9 & 11 also!) and both times rented an apt. Depending upon the size of your children, you could get a one bedroom - most one bedrooms have a pull-out sleeper couch, too. Our first trip they had the couch and we had the bed; this last trip (with two taller-than-me teens), they got the bedroom (bed split into two singles) and my DH and I took the couch.

One of the most important things is to be close to a metro stop. The sites you will most likely want to visit will be spread throughout the city, but the metro is fantastic and gets you everywhere quickly.

Once you find some possibilities, do post a link to them on this or a new thread and ask for opinions. Besides the occasional scam, the members here are excellent at spotting "problems" that you tend to not see after looking at so many listings.

We used Vacation in Paris both times, but you will pay a supplement for a stay shorter than a week. As a pp said, there are a number of well regarded sources for vacation rentals if you do a search on these forums.

Edited: 24 October 2012, 01:08
Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel/Apartment for 4

Hi there

You could try the hoemlidays website. There are many apartments listed for stays from 3 nights. My favourite area is The Marais - 4th arr -.

Kind Regards

Merran

5. Re: Hotel/Apartment for 4

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2013, 10:16