We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

11/25 Opera tickets - La Cenerentola

New York City, New...
6 posts
Save Topic
11/25 Opera tickets - La Cenerentola

Hello all!

I've been browsing the Paris forum like crazy for the past few weeks, planning for our first trip to France in mid-November - YAY!

I'd hoped to catch a show at Garnier (the 10 euro cheap seats) for the matinee on 11/25. I'd checked the site about a month ago, and it looked like tickets could be purchased online, but now on the official site, the date is grayed out. I'm hoping that someone here has a prayer that we can still get into this show by showing up earlier in the week to the box office to purchase?...or maybe someone has another site where resale tickets can be found?

Any insider opera information would be wonderful - would love to try and get into this afternoon show, as it's the only on that works in our schedule.

New York City, New...
6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 11/25 Opera tickets - La Cenerentola

I translated this from operdeparis.fr:

"FOR OTHER EVENTS

- We advise you to book your seats. In case of unavailability of the website, visit the outset of the room where a hundred places will be allocated."

What would "outset of the room" be? haha

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
1,165 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 11/25 Opera tickets - La Cenerentola

I doubled check the website with my subscription number and indeed, it appears that there are no tickets available for sale online for that date. I am going on Nov 28 in the evening and got my ticket on the day they went on sale (I got up at 3 am to make the purchase).

I suspect the outset of the room means go to the Palais Garnier to see about tickets that might be available at the last minute. I can tell you when I purchased these tickets as well as Tosca and the ballet, the cheap tickets were not available for purchase at that time. So perhaps they hold those for last minute purchase. I didn't care since I was willing to spend more.

But I think you have nothing to lose by trying. Bonne chance!

Amherst...
Level Contributor
259 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 11/25 Opera tickets - La Cenerentola

There were tickets available a few days ago on Theatreonline. When you google that, add Paris. Probably not the cheap seats. The Opera website also suggests checking for resales on

Zepass.com.

4. Re: 11/25 Opera tickets - La Cenerentola

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2013, 09:16