We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping area suggestions - handmade jewelry/other fun items

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Shopping area suggestions - handmade jewelry/other fun items

Hi All,

I'm going to be in Paris in November and am looking for suggestions on streets with shops that have reasonably priced handmade jewelry or other fun items that aren't mass-produced. For example necklaces that run between 50-200 euros for a price range.

Or streets/areas that have fun stuff I wouldn't easily find in the US?

Thanks for your help!

Essex
Level Contributor
27,767 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping area suggestions - handmade jewelry/other fun items

what is 'fun stuff'??

Alaska
Level Contributor
820 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping area suggestions - handmade jewelry/other fun items

Perhaps she means uncommon or unique?

Cecile Jeanne sells cool jewellery. I've always wanted one of her peace doves, but they are out of my price range.

I was suggested Au Nom de la Rose. They sell various gifting type items that are made with roses, such as chocolates, teas, candies, and syrups. I added it to my list to check out.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
1,819 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping area suggestions - handmade jewelry/other fun items

There are a number of nice stores with that kind of think, but they are not conveniently lined in the same street!

Let me give you two such adresses :

http://lesfleurs.canalblog.com/ 6 passage Josset 75011 and http://www.popmarket.fr/ at rue bichat. In that same area, go shopping rue Lancry and rue Beaurepaire.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shopping area suggestions - handmade jewelry/other fun items

Yes, unique or uncommon items. :)

Essex
Level Contributor
27,767 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shopping area suggestions - handmade jewelry/other fun items

Thank you for the clarification LBB!

Have you considered searching the various Paris Flea Markets for such items - the occasional 'antique' find would be far more unique than any 'range' that a current designer makes. The peace dove jewellry is lovely, but there is not just 'one' of them.....

Worcester, MA
Destination Expert
for Dordogne
Level Contributor
1,329 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shopping area suggestions - handmade jewelry/other fun items

I bought some great new design jewelry this fall: I wear it a lot and am always asked about where I got it The name of the store is Miravidi -it's in the marais section near St Paul's village entrance I think and I am sue if you google the name or the designer (Jean-Baptiste Michel) you can find it. His styings and materials are unique but not outrageously priced.

jhgrady

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,232 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Shopping area suggestions - handmade jewelry/other fun items

There are some very nice jewelley stores scattered in the Marais area. Stolling down these lovely, narrow streets, I found unique jewellery shops. Sorry, I don't have street or shop names.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Shopping area suggestions - handmade jewelry/other fun items

Many jewelry artisans work at the Clignancourt flea market but you would be hard pressed to find anything selling for 50-200€ at those places. More like 20-30€ for the more expensive stuff.

Palm Beach Gardens...
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Shopping area suggestions - handmade jewelry/other fun items

I got my sister a Cecile Jean a dove lapel pin (or scarf pin) for 35EU...it's lovely...There are definitely necklaces by that designer within your price range.

Quincy
Level Contributor
143 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Shopping area suggestions - handmade jewelry/other fun items

My favorite accessory and jewelry store in Paris is Sic Amor and Mi Amor, actually 2 small shops about 3 steps apart. They are at 10 and 20 rue du Pont Louis Philippe, 75004. They have scarves, jewelry, purses, hats that are unique and very whimsical and I never visit Paris without purchasing something there!