We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

navigo decouverte...help!

Taiwanese living in...
Level Contributor
17 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
navigo decouverte...help!

I arrive in Paris at 2:30pm on a Sunday next month from Netherlands and arrival at Paris is at PARIS NORD station. Just wondering...:

1. where do I go from there to buy a navigo decouverte? anyone know where the place they sell the navigo decouverte is?

2. I know I need to bring a 'passport photo' 2cm by 3cm. Is there anything else I need to show them?

I want to use navigo decouverte the following day (Mon) till the following Sunday which is when I depart Paris. For the first day I arrive in Paris (Sunday), I assume I will need to buy individual tickets for moving around the metro, am I right?

1. Is there anything I need to watch out for when I buy individual tickets at metro station (ie. is the English quite clear at the ticket machines)? - just anything I should watch out for. Never been to Paris.

Thanks!

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
338 reviews
from US$60.78*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,248 reviews
from US$105.76*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
532 reviews
from US$43.76*
Skip the Line: Eiffel Tower...
660 reviews
from US$108.19*
Garden Grove...
Level Contributor
3,198 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: navigo decouverte...help!

I would buy mine at Gare du Nord. Many metro stations are unmanned.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,956 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: navigo decouverte...help!

The photo size is 3cm tall by 2.5cm wide.

parisbytrain.com/paris-train-metro-week-pass…

Allonsee
Level Contributor
853 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: navigo decouverte...help!

There is no English at the ticket machines.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,078 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: navigo decouverte...help!

Er , yes, there is , on some machines anyways, unless my french has gotten so good I imagine I am reading english when I am reading french( not likely!lol) Roll the bar on the bottom. But for OP they can go to a manned kiosk at Gare Du Nord.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
25,034 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: navigo decouverte...help!

I have never had trouble finding English on the ticket machines; there is a query for language before you begin. For the initial Navigo D you need to go to a Vente window -- the metro at Nord has such manned windows that can sell you the kit to assemble your ND and also will charge it for you. The RER booth at the airport also has this. My SIL bought 4 passes there for her family last fall.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
1,166 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: navigo decouverte...help!

Is it possible to buy a pass without loading any value? For example, can I pay the 5 euros and get a pass for my boyfriend who will join me a few weeks after I arrive and then add the value later when he arrives?

7. Re: navigo decouverte...help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 November 2013, 10:18