We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to Hotel in the Latin Quarter

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Austin, TX
11 posts
Save Topic
How to get to Hotel in the Latin Quarter

I will be travelling to Paris next month and will be arriving in the morning on a Saturday at CDG. My hotel is in the Latin Quarter (Familia Hotel

11, rue des Ecoles) and I'm wondering what the best way to get there would be. Cheers.

Coeur D'alene, Idaho
Level Contributor
579 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get to Hotel in the Latin Quarter

The general consensus seems to be that taking a taxi is the best route. There are shuttle services, but there's a bit of a debate as to their dependability.

At the airport you'll find a taxi stand and you'll just get in a line and when the next available taxi comes, it's yours. It's cheap and convenient and immediate, which is what you'll want on a Saturday morning.

paris
Level Contributor
2,646 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get to Hotel in the Latin Quarter

RER B stop at St Michel and it is five-ten minutes walk. Cheap and easy

Adrian, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,088 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get to Hotel in the Latin Quarter

It pains me greatly to disagree with Raphy, but the Familia Hotel is about a km from the St. Michel-Notre Dame stop, and I don't think it can be walked in 10 minutes, and definitely not 5. More like 15-20 I would say, especially carrying bags. It's also interesting and a good illustration of various "points of view" that both posters used the world "cheap" to describe the cost of their recommendation. In fact, a Taxi Parisien from CDG to your hotel will most like cost you around 45 Euros. Could be as little as 40 or as much as 60. The RER B, which leaves CDG and makes several stops in central Paris is 8 Euros, with connecting Metro service to the closest stop to your hotel. There is a significant cost difference, but you will have to decide for yourself which one is "cheap". Obviously, the more people in your party, the closer in cost the two will be. A good marriage between both recommendations (if you don't want to walk from the RER station or spend the money on a taxi) would be to take the RER to either Gard du Nord, or the St. Michel-Notre Dame stop and take a taxi from there to your hotel.

There are also shared shuttle services. If you do a search on TA, you will find a lot of info and opinions from others who have used them.

IMHO, the "best", albeit the most expensive, is to hire a private car to take you direct from CDG to your hotel. Your driver will meet you with a personalized sign, carry your bags to the car, drop you at your hotel and place your bags in the lobby. He'll speak English if you don't speak French, doesn't have a meter so the price is fixed even in heavy traffic, and will go out of his way to ensure you have a smooth ride. It definitely isn't "cheap", but I do think it's the best.

Miami
Level Contributor
573 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get to Hotel in the Latin Quarter

I stayed at this hotel in my last trip, fantastic location not luxuriuos(**) but adequate with helpful staff. Top floor room with balcony will give you a view of Notre Dame's bell towers.

After such a lonfg flight I would chose between a taxi or shuttle depending how many persons are traveling with you. If your by yourself the shuttle is more attractive economically speaking.

You can always try the RER which is really easy to use but you must be traveling light, carrying too much luggage, especially in a packed train(keeping always an eye on them) and then walking some distance with it, is too physically demanding.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
6,331 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to get to Hotel in the Latin Quarter

I agree with Raphy - if your bag has decent wheels you can roll there - or I am told constantly in other threads by the great local expert kdksail that there is a cab rank at St Michel to take you there in 5 minutes. Personally if your bag has wheels and if you have a map I would roll the bags there

Virginia
Level Contributor
318 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: How to get to Hotel in the Latin Quarter

Does the St Michel train/metro stop has an elevator, to go from the platform to the street level or do we have to haul the luggauge up the stairs?

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How to get to Hotel in the Latin Quarter

>>> Does the St Michel train/metro stop has an elevator <<<

It does has [;-)] an elevator, but according to the RATP web site it is "en travaux," i.e. under repair, and therefore not currently operating. Not sure when you are arriving or if the repairs will be completed by then.

USA
Level Contributor
27,355 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How to get to Hotel in the Latin Quarter

The HÔTEL FAMILIA is located at 13 rie des Ecloles (at rue de Poissy). The exits for the RER portion of the SAINT MICHEL-NOTRE DAME station (there are escalators up to street level) for the RER 'B' ligne are near PETIT PONT--at the intersection of quai Saint Michel / quai de Montebello / rue Saint Jacques. The walk from the RER exits to the hotel will be approx 15-20 minutes....or (if the weather is foul) you could take a taxi from the station exit to the hotel (minimum fare will be 5,20 €--regardless of lower amount shown on meter).

But, *** IF *** you really want, "..the best way..", then THIS is it--

www.limos.com/dir_getPicture.asp…

Virginia
Level Contributor
318 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: How to get to Hotel in the Latin Quarter

We will be there in mid May. Hopefully the elevator will be fixed by then or we may use the escalator. Is St Michel closest station to Hotel De Suez?

Adrian, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,088 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How to get to Hotel in the Latin Quarter

Raja2006: St. Michel-Notre Dame is just a short walk (less than 10 minutes) from Hotel de Suez straight up Blvd. St. Michel, and you are taking the RER from CDG it is the closest stop. The elevator has been under construction for quite a while, however, so I wouldn't count on it being fixed any time soon. Enjoy your stay at HdS. Give my regards to Eric and Martine.