We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Music at La Madeliene

lost in Ohio
Level Contributor
2,286 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Music at La Madeliene

We are thinking of attending a Haydn concert at La Madeleine. We've been there before, and we "reserved" tickets on line in advance. I am recall correctly, we didnt pay in advance -- we were told to show up and get our tickets/

But I remember that when we arrived at the Church, it was all "open" seating and there were lots and lots of space. And the man we spoke to at the door didnt even bother to check for our "reservation" -- he just took or money and invited us inside.

Anyone know if it's still done the same way? Any point in "reserving" or paying in advance.

Philharmonie de Paris
Symphonies, Concerts, Speciality Museums, Operas
Maison de la Radio (Radio France)
Performances, Concerts, Operas
Paris, France
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Music at La Madeliene

I go here frequently, last time in September - pre-paid online and printed our tickets. We were shown to our seating area in the center of the church. La Madeleine is not really open-seating - the seats are not numbered, but there are usually 3 areas, front to back, designated by price.

Due to the size of the audience or lack of personnel, it is possible that some concerts may revert to open-seating, but this is not usually the case. If you want to assure a place, you will be better off buying in advance and printing your ticket.

2. Re: Music at La Madeliene

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 December 2013, 10:16
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor