We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ParisPass

Toowoomba, Australia
Level Contributor
44 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
ParisPass

Has anyone used this? Is it worth it? My teenage daughter and I will be in Paris for a week in January. It looks like it could save us some money, but would like to hear from someone who has had recent experience.

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ParisPass

IMHO No. You will have to do your own calculations to find out if you really save. It is usually much better value to either buy a Navigo Decouverte pass for the bus and metro, and then depending on what if any museums you'll visit to purchase a museum pass. Doing a little bit of leg work on your part, (or rather finger work) with your computer by checking the websites will answer your question very quickly.

West Sussex, England
Level Contributor
2,342 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: ParisPass

They advertise the Pass as being 'good value' vs the included items purchased separately, but in practice, it is simply not physically possible to use all those things in the timescale. If you did not buy a Paris Pass, you would *not* use, simultaneously, a HO-HO bus tour, a Paris Visite transport pass, a MUseum Pass, a river trip, a wine-tasting, etc, etc

What you need to do is sit down and think what *You* want to do whilst you are in Paris. You may want to do a HO-Ho bus tour - in that case, you will not use public transport enough to need a pass for that as well. If you are doing a wine-tasting, you can not, at the same time, be visiting museums.

The things which are most often recommended here are:

Museum pass - if you like to do several short visits to different museums rather than just one per day or less

Navigo Decouverte - transport pass, if your days happen to fit, Monday to Sunday

Carnet of 10 transport tickets t+ - still represents a saving vs buying single tickets, good if you will use transport only once or twice a day. Separate tickets, so you can share them out.

HO-HO buses - can give a good overview of the city, if the weather is good enough to sit upstairs

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
643 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ParisPass

I actually crunched those numbers before our trip and ended up realizing it would cost less to just buy what I wanted, when I needed it. I found that getting museum passes, and carnets were excellent deals though.

Like sussexgirl said, you can't use those things at the same time. The Paris Pass in theory sounds like a greater deal than it actually is.

4. Re: ParisPass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 November 2013, 10:18