We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aparthotel or boutique hotel in good area of 16th or 17th

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Punta del Este...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Punta del Este
Level Contributor
3,654 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Aparthotel or boutique hotel in good area of 16th or 17th

My wife and I, in our mid-60s, have each been visiting Paris regularly for 45 years, the last 25 together. While I stayed in the 4th and 5th arr. when I was young, on trips with my wife it's always been the 6th, 7th, 8th or 9th. We are going back for a month either in May or in September 2013. I want to look for accommodation in the 16th or 17th, in an area that is quiet, a real "neighborhood," with markets and a traditional bakery or two (rare now) if possible. We've rented apartments and stayed in hotels of all levels. This time, I'd like a good aparthotel or a small boutique hotel that offers comfortable rooms, preferably not avant-garde in style, and pricing as reasonable as possible. So, any specific suggestions as to area and/or accommodation? (I'm also open to suggestions for a specific area or accommodation in a different arrondissement, but keep in mind that even with the 16th or 17th I would be removing my wife from her comfort zone!)

Montreal, QC
Destination Expert
for Nice
Level Contributor
3,301 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aparthotel or boutique hotel in good area of 16th or 17th

Have a look at Citadines Trocadéro

citadines.com/en/france/paris/trocadero.html

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aparthotel or boutique hotel in good area of 16th or 17th

If your wife is not a complete tranquility zombie and if your budget can handle it, I would say that you should stay at the Citadines Prestige Les Halles in the 1st arrondissement. Many authentic bakeries, shops, etc., all though the neighborhood.

citadines.com/france/paris/les_halles.html

Paris, France
Level Contributor
407 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aparthotel or boutique hotel in good area of 16th or 17th

In the 17th you have two authentic market streets. Rue Poncelet and rue de levis. You should look at some options close to those. Place des Ternes and Metro Villiers

Here is one idea

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Weltbyffsmg

Edited: 18 November 2012, 20:43
Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
18,744 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aparthotel or boutique hotel in good area of 16th or 17th

Check out this apart'hotel in Montmartre ..another area worth staying in and exploring.. fine bakeries around charming place des Abbesses.

accorhotels.com/gb/…index.shtml

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aparthotel or boutique hotel in good area of 16th or 17th

In other words, it looks like we all want to get you out of the 16th arrondissement!

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
18,744 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aparthotel or boutique hotel in good area of 16th or 17th

I just can't think of an apart'hotel I know of in the 16th...

Paris, France
Level Contributor
407 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Aparthotel or boutique hotel in good area of 16th or 17th

Funny how when the OP asked for recommendations for the 16th and 17th they get almost everything but that. Long live the adventurous soul who want to tread the path less followed!

Edited: 18 November 2012, 21:34
Punta del Este...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Punta del Este
Level Contributor
3,654 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Aparthotel or boutique hotel in good area of 16th or 17th

Thanks for the responses so far. I will look into all the links. As for the 16th, yes, not my favorite, either, but for my wife it has a certain pull. I love the 17th.

A couple of you mentioned Citadines aparthotels. I've looked at them before on line. Is there any other quality chain of aparthotels in Paris? It's a niche with which I'm not yet familiar, but having watched as they proliferated in Buenos Aires lately, I've decided to give them a try in Paris (or the boutique hotel, as I mentioned before).

NE Victoria...
Level Contributor
2,673 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Aparthotel or boutique hotel in good area of 16th or 17th

In the 16th, down towards Auteuil, there's the Residence Hotel Home which is like an aparthotel. I have no experience of it (and it seems quite expensive to me!) but it gets good reviews on TA.

www.hotelhome.fr

Diz
UK
Level Contributor
1,048 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Aparthotel or boutique hotel in good area of 16th or 17th

The Paris tourist website has some suggestions for aparthotels, arranged by names of suburbs rather than arrondissements (that really confuses me). Amongst them, just beyond your area, is this one:

http://www.villaescudier.com/en

that seems to get good reviews on TripAdvisor.

en.parisinfo.com/paris-hotels/aparthotels-1/