We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Go out from airport while transit

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tainan, Taiwan
2 posts
Save Topic
Go out from airport while transit

HI guys,

I'm Indonesian travelling to trondheim. I got the schengen visa from Denmark embassy. I plan to take not direct flight to trondheim, and transit for a long time in charles de gaulle - French.

Does anybody know whether I can leave the aiport and go back again, if we transit there for around 10 hours? And do I need to book a hostel or hotel first in order to can get out from the airport?

Thanx..

Brussels
Level Contributor
5,250 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Go out from airport while transit

< Does anybody know whether I can leave the aiport and go back again >

Yes you can. Your Schengen visa will be checked and stamped when you arrive at Charles de Gaulle, as France is the first Schengen Area country you will enter.

The French immigration officer may ask to see your ticket for your onward flight to Norway, and the documents you had to provide when you applied for your visa (proof that you have money to pay for your stay etc.).

Your flight to Trondheim will be within the Schengen Area, so there will be no immigration control when you arrive there.

< do I need to book a hostel or hotel first in order to can get out from the airport? >

No.

Edited: 10 December 2012, 12:13
Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,585 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Go out from airport while transit

With a 10 hour layover you will only have 2-3 hours In Paris. If you search the forum for Layover" you will find some suggestions for what to expect if you leave the airport.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
7,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Go out from airport while transit

I think 2-3h in Paris is a tad pessimistic. If all goes well you need 1h to get out of the airport, 1h to travel to Paris, 1h to travel back and 2h for check-in. That should leave you 5h in Paris. BTW, welcome to Norway!

4. Re: Go out from airport while transit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 23:16