We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Arrondissement in Paris for a Week with Family

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best Arrondissement in Paris for a Week with Family

My wife and I are headed to Paris for a week with our two children (3 and 6 years old) and a babysitter in late March. We'd like to rent an apartment in a trendy area that is close enough to the sites but more popular with locals than tourists. We're thinking about the Marais, probably in the 4th Arrondissement.

Does that sound like the right area to stay? And anyone recommendations for a high end apartment rental would be great.

Thanks!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,768 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Arrondissement in Paris for a Week with Family

Adrian Leeds has several apartments in the Marais area. She's an American who has been in Paris for 18 years.

www.adrianleeds.com/parler-paris-apartments

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Arrondissement in Paris for a Week with Family

There is a company called Haven in Paris, which is headquartered in Boston, that is very reputable. Excellent apartments and good customer service.

the big blue marble
Level Contributor
15,945 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Arrondissement in Paris for a Week with Family

The lower Marais, in the 4th is extremely touristy. I'd recommend the upper Marais, closer to the République. Its trendier and has more families and less visitors.

Australia
Level Contributor
465 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Arrondissement in Paris for a Week with Family

We are a family with similar aged children and have chosen St Germain (6th), but did also seriously consider the 4th as well.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,063 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Arrondissement in Paris for a Week with Family

Hi there

The St Paul area in The Marais is a personal favourite. It has a great selection of shops including a chemist which can be handy with small children in tow and the Metro steps away.

Kind Regards

Merran

California
Level Contributor
5,999 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Arrondissement in Paris for a Week with Family

I don't disagree with your choice of staying in the Marais, but when I first read your post I immediately thought you should locate near Jardin Luxembourg or another large park for kids to run around in--especially if the babysitter will be needing to keep them entertained while Mom and Dad are out. I'd feel much better knowing the sitter is walking them a few steps to the park rather than a metro ride away. The 6th might not be "trendy", but it's definitely upscale, and you can find a quiet street that's not overrun by tourists.

Maybe a place like this? (going by "high end" and not knowing your budget)

timeandplace.com/property.php/…

or this

www.haveninparis.com/rental/leftbankluxe.php

or this

franceforrent.com/stgermainodeon/index.shtml

or this

www.chezvous.com/apartments.php…

7. Re: Best Arrondissement in Paris for a Week with Family

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 December 2013, 05:15