We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nice hotel near the Louvre

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
alabama
Level Contributor
93 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
nice hotel near the Louvre

Please list some nice hotels near the Louvre.

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: nice hotel near the Louvre

Budget per night?

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
18,647 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: nice hotel near the Louvre

Hôtel Britannique is well regarded, and is a short walk from the Louvre.

http://www.hotel-britannique.fr/en/

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
33,766 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: nice hotel near the Louvre

www.millesime.com

On the Left Bank about a 10 minute walk to the Louvre.

Pjk

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
21,476 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: nice hotel near the Louvre

I have stayed at two nice hotels by the Louvre, one was definately a bit of a splurge for me, but it was worth it for the views of the Tuilleries Gardens and even the ET in the far distance twinkling at night. That hotel was the Hotel Brighton, I booked the Tuilleries View room specifically. The room was a decent size for Paris, had nice staff and was modern and clean and right across from the Tuilleries Gardens and also about a 1/2 block from Louvre ( which we had nice views of also)

The other hotel I have stayed at twice, its smaller and more modest , but clean , well run , nice staff, and my room was comfortable and had mini fridge and ac. It was the Hotel De La Place du Louvre..I stayed in two different room types there, the Duplex room, which had nice views of the church across the street, but I did not like that the bathroom in the room was up a steep set of stairs. I also stayed in a regular room, it was called the "Klee room" as each room is named after an artist. The bathroom was nice and had a nice big walk in shower. ( the duplex rooms bathroom had a hand held shower in the tub, you couldn't really stand and shower).

I would recommend both hotels depending on your budget, I would stay in either again, but most likely for my budget I would choose the Place du Louvre hotel. Its on a side street right beside the Louvre, and only 1/2 block from the Siene and the Pont Neuf so an easy walk over to the Latin Quarter and Notre Dame etc.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,603 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: nice hotel near the Louvre

I can recommend Hotel Moliere. It is about a 5 minute walk to the Louvre but on a relatively quiet side street. We booked a superior twin which was very spacious by Paris standards.

Oceanside...
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: nice hotel near the Louvre

Check out the Best Westerns. Lots of them in town. We usually stay at a BW behind the Madeleine.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4,079 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: nice hotel near the Louvre

We stayed at the Hotel Royal St. Honore and it was quite nice, but a bit pricey at about 235 euros per night.

I've also stayed at the Hotel Lion d'Or which is substantially less than that. It's been many years since I've stayed there though, and it's thankfully been renovated. The location is great though.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
839 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: nice hotel near the Louvre

I also suggest the Brighton (Joan we are clearly both fans of the Brighton as its not the first thread we have both suggested this hotel).

Few others I can suggest are -

Regina, classic style hotel, bit pricey but great location. (featured in one of the 'BUORNE' movies).

Le Pradey - chic boutique hotel

Lumen - trendy and stylish boutique hotel

Hotel Du Louvre - I am not actually a fan of this hotel but its location is fantastic. Its very popular with the US market

Edited: 30 December 2012, 00:36
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
55 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: nice hotel near the Louvre

Relais du Louvre. Step outside the hotel, look left, and there's the Louvre. I booked here so my elderly father would be close to the museum and we weren't disappointed. Small - charming, personal service.

Oceanside...
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: nice hotel near the Louvre

I used to stay at the Brighton, maybe 10 years ago. Then they remodeled and up went the prices to over $200. Then started going to BW's at about $40 less or thereabouts, it varies.