We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Charles De Gaulle Airport shuttle bus transfer to my hotel

Ireland
Level Contributor
33 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Charles De Gaulle Airport shuttle bus transfer to my hotel

Hello

I am researching for a March trip to Paris.

I need some advice on my airport transfer – Charles De Gaulle to my hotel – Melia Hotel Royal Alma 35 Rue Jean Goujon – two persons with one large suitcase. We hope to arrive at the airport at 2.30pm.

I have researched the various airport shuttle bus services and was wondering does anybody have any experience or advice on using an airport shuttle bus service.

I have never been to Paris so I was planning on getting a shuttle bus directly to my booked hotel entrance.

I was looking at Les Cars (Air France) shuttle bus service but from my research I don’t think it stops anywhere near my hotel. Can anyone tell if I am wrong on this?

If any reader can recommend an airport shuttle bus service that they have used I would be interested in finding out their experience.

Thanks for reading this.

tshirtontour

45 replies to this topic
Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,537 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Charles De Gaulle Airport shuttle bus transfer to my hotel

Far be it from me to offer luggage advice, but, whatever transport you choose, I would suggest two small cases rather than one big one. Wheeled cabin luggage sized cases would be ideal.

It is very easy to use the RER from Charles de Gaulle to central Paris and costs 9, 25€ pp. I would say take this and then get a taxi from Châtelet-les-Halles to your hotel. Others will suggest a taxi all the way, will will cost about 50€. A vous de choisir.

http://www.ratp.fr/plan-interactif/

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
7,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Charles De Gaulle Airport shuttle bus transfer to my hotel

I second the advice of two smaller suitcases instead of one big one.

There is no shuttle bus service that will bring you close to your hotel. If you want to try public transport, you may take RER B train from CDG to Saint-Michel Notre-Dame, transfer to RER A to Pont de l'Alma,and walk 600m across the river to your hotel: http://goo.gl/maps/lHyyl

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
21,778 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Charles De Gaulle Airport shuttle bus transfer to my hotel

<<I have never been to Paris>>

Why worry about making connections in a locations with which you are unfamiliar? While you could take the AF Bus to CdG/Etoile (17€ each) and then a taxi (about 10€ additional), for very little more you could simply walk to the curb from baggage claim where the taxi queue is found, hand the driver a slip of paper with your destination address, and be dropped off at your hotel´s doorstep. Taxi costs will vary but 50€ is typical.

Take the RER when you have become more familiar with Paris and its excellent transportation network.

West Sussex, England
Level Contributor
2,342 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Charles De Gaulle Airport shuttle bus transfer to my hotel

If you are happy to pay 50 euros, take a taxi. If you want to save money, pack a small suitcase each instead of a big one to share, and take the RER, this will save you 30 euros. IIRC the RER you change to at St Michel-Notre Dame is RER C rather than RER A.

It's your call whether you feel it's worth paying the extra money to save the hassle.

Ireland
Level Contributor
33 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Charles De Gaulle Airport shuttle bus transfer to my hotel

Hello

Thanks for the prompt responses to my posting.

As ever, very helpful and informative.

More research questions to be posted shortly.

Thanks.

tshirtontour

Ireland
Level Contributor
33 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Charles De Gaulle Airport shuttle bus transfer to my hotel

Hello

Thanks for the prompt responses to my posting.

As ever, very helpful and informative.

More research questions to be posted shortly.

Thanks.

tshirtontour

Bangkok, Thailand
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Charles De Gaulle Airport shuttle bus transfer to my hotel

Is there any shuttle bus from CDG to Ibis Styles Paris Alesia Montaparnasse?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
85,388 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Charles De Gaulle Airport shuttle bus transfer to my hotel

There is an Air France coach service from CDG to Gare Montparnasse. But, despite its name, your hotel is quite some distance away from there: 5 Metro stops in fact. Too far to walk with luggage.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
21,778 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Charles De Gaulle Airport shuttle bus transfer to my hotel

Your hotel is not very close to Gare Montparnasse, I might suggest a taxi, about 60 euros or you could try the new Taxi G7, shared ride service:

http://www.wecab.com/en

Bangkok, Thailand
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Charles De Gaulle Airport shuttle bus transfer to my hotel

Thank you so much for your kind advise.

Reply to: Charles De Gaulle Airport shuttle bus transfer to my hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted