We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air fare to PARIS

LIncoln, NE
Level Contributor
860 posts
150 reviews
Save Topic
Air fare to PARIS

Anyone have any good links for airfare from the US to Paris. We live in he Midwest, so have a more expensive fare than from the east coast. I have looked at the "usual" sites and don't seem to see much variance between any at least right now. We're looking at going late Sept, early October. Of course sitting in an airport for a 8 hour layaway isn't top on our list. Just starting to think about this trip so have time to research. Thanks in advance.

Chicago
Level Contributor
3,124 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air fare to PARIS

kayak.com to compare flights, check the major carriers daily. book directly with the airline you choose, and remember any deal via some third party website that sounds too good to be true is just that.

is it an option to drive to a bigger hub airport, such as o'hare? might be a nice savings.

It looks like flying from LNK to CDG is about $1200 in Sept, and ORD to CDG is $800, but probably not a worthwhile savings after an 8 hour drive each way!

Edited: 08 January 2013, 02:40
Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,988 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air fare to PARIS

I just compared fares from Omaha for dates I've been searching (mid-April) from St. Louis, and they're maybe $40 more. In the past I've checked fares from the hub cities and found there wasn't much savings, if any. You just need to keep monitoring fares as it's early IMO to book for fall. I like to use Matrix to search:

http://matrix.itasoftware.com

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
25,310 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air fare to PARIS

we have flown from Chicago direct for years because we have relatives in Chicago so we build in a visit there first (well now we live here, but then) -- I often found that flying from Nashville with one stop was no more costly than from chicago. The key to location for a lower fare is competitive markets.

Chicago
Level Contributor
3,124 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air fare to PARIS

A more in depth search, show's the cost difference between a non-stop from o'hare, and a 1 stop from lincoln to be very small. Either way, just keep looking, seriously everyday cause the fares change that often, and when the price gets to where you're ok with it, jump on it and don't look back!

Chicago
Level Contributor
3,124 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air fare to PARIS

another thing to keep in mind, is if you are planning on doing more than one city in Europe, ie a London/Paris, or Paris/Amsterdam, it's almost always cheaper and more convenient to book a "multi-city" trip flying into one city, and home from the other.

6. Re: Air fare to PARIS

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2014, 06:17