We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will be Paris for the French Open 2013

R D
Los Angeles...
1 post
Save Topic
Will be Paris for the French Open 2013

Help Paris lovers!

My husband and I will be celebrating our 20th anniversary in Paris. Our visit will be in late May, during the French Open. We will only be watching tennis for a few days. What are the best of the best things to do, eat and see for the rest of our time. We would like to visit some wineries for a few days, if that seems doable? Share your must do list.

We would not mind a train ride out of Paris for a few days?

Thank you kindly!

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,600 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Will be Paris for the French Open 2013

The best of the best? Only you know what you like to see or visit on your vacation. I would suggest that you read the section on the left called 'Things to Do'. You could also get a good guide book and do a bit of research and then come back on this forum with further questions. There are so many things to visit in Paris you will find it difficult to narrow it down. You didn't mention how many days you will be spending in Paris or if you will be traveling to other parts of France as well.

Good luck with your research.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
88,060 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Will be Paris for the French Open 2013

I do not know anything about your tastes or interests. Something that is "the best of the best" to me might be totally boring to you.

For my part, I avoid the Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe and Champes Elysees because the shops and restaurants there cater almost solely for tourists and are mostly second-rate.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Will be Paris for the French Open 2013

How many days total will you be in Paris?

Is this your first visit?

If so, you really need to consult a tour guide or online resource (Fodor's, Frommer's, the official Paris tourism website, etc.) to determine what would be most appealing to YOU.

Have you books flights, hotels, tickets for the French Open?

Please do not repost your inquiry. Wait a bit for responses.

For "best of the best" get yourself a copy of Eyewitness "Top 10 Paris" for a start...

4. Re: Will be Paris for the French Open 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2014, 05:20