We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Time from CDG to Gare du Nord?

Montgomery, Alabama
Level Contributor
87 posts
109 reviews
Save Topic
Time from CDG to Gare du Nord?

In May, my wife and I will arrive at CDG from ATL at 6:10 am and will go directly to Gare du Nord to take the Eurostar to London. Two days in London, Easyjet to Prague for two days and back to Paris for six days.

First, given that Eurostar leaves about every hour, how long, from my landing, should I book the Eurostar departure? Second, RER B or taxi with 5 bags?

Thanks in advance.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
21,937 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Time from CDG to Gare du Nord?

<<how long, from my landing>>

4 hours, of which 1 hour is consumed to reach Gare du Nord.

<<RER B or taxi with 5 bags?>>

How many people traveling?

Edited: 09 January 2013, 17:05
Montgomery, Alabama
Level Contributor
87 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Time from CDG to Gare du Nord?

Just two, my wife and I.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Time from CDG to Gare du Nord?

The RER B will not be subject to the morning traffic jam getting into the city.

Urbandale, Iowa
Level Contributor
2,176 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Time from CDG to Gare du Nord?

2 people - 5 bags???

With all the traveling around you have planned, you may want to rethink the 5 bags.

B

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
86,025 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Time from CDG to Gare du Nord?

Rethink your luggage. For train travel, it is essential that you do not have more luggage than you can *comfortably* handle by yourselves. There is nobody to help you at the stations, there may be stairs to the platforms, and there are always a few steep steps up into the train.

Can you alter your plans so that you fly into London and out of Paris? It should not cost more, and you would not need the Eurostar.

Lords Valley...
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Time from CDG to Gare du Nord?

Agree with Nick. Why can't you fly into London, avoi8d the GdN connection and the extra expense for Eurostar?

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Time from CDG to Gare du Nord?

If you haven't already booked your flights, it makes far more sense to fly directly to London, especially if you have to have all those bags.

Otherwise, you should definitely allow at least four hours between arrival at CDG and departure from Gare du Nord. Note that you have to check in with Eurostar 30 minutes ahead of departure.

Agree than each should be able to comfortably manage their bags and other belongings, especially where train travel is involved. (My husband and I learned this the hard way on our very first trip, which was also prior to rolling luggage.)

Even if you take a taxi from CDG to the station, you'll still have to manage those bags through the station to the Eurostar track.

Metro Vancouver
Level Contributor
4,737 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Time from CDG to Gare du Nord?

One 26" suitcase with wheels is all I need for 2 weeks. nobody will notice that you wear some of your clothes several times...

9. Re: Time from CDG to Gare du Nord?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2014, 06:20