We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Total Novice-day trip to Paris 10th Anniversary

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
83 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Total Novice-day trip to Paris 10th Anniversary

Hi me and my husband have decided to plan a day trip to Paris for our 10th Wedding Anniversary, we will be going on either 1st/ 2nd APRIL.

We will be travelling by Eurostar and will arrive in Paris Gare du Nord International at 10am(ish). We know we wont be able to fit much in as have to leave 6pm. The things would most like to do is the Eiffel Tower would prefer to go up it, will this be possible or is it going to take too long?

2nd thing we would like to do is The river Seine Cruise ( the 1hour Cruise). Do we book this beforehand or when we go there?

Would also like to have a nice lunch on the way somewhere. We are muslim so can anyone recommend a nice halal restaurant......or wouldn't mind having vegetarian food.

We are total novices when it comes to Paris, have no idea about public transport, Will we struggle if we don't know French? Can we use pounds or best to take Euros?

Please can you advise on what we have do to get from one place to the other starting from Gare du Nord International, suggest itinerarys please.

Thank you in advance.

Lords Valley...
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Total Novice-day trip to Paris 10th Anniversary

You should book the ET in advance. Try for an 11:30 reservation if possible. That should give you enough time to get there from Gare du Nord. Ne need to reserve Seine cruise in advance. Bateaux Parisiens leave from just across from ET. Just walk up and buy a ticket.

If you can't get ET reservations for 11:30, you can take the cruise first and do the tower afterwards. ET tickets sell out quickly. Make your reservations immediately.

Use Euros.

Can't help with halal or vegetarian food.

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
83 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Total Novice-day trip to Paris 10th Anniversary

Thanks for your quick reply! How would I get From Gare Du Nord to Eiffel Tower? How long does it take and what will transport cost?

Forgive me for sounding silly but what is Bateaux Parisiens? Is this where we start the river cruise? Do we walk it from the Eiffel tower to Bateaux Parisiens? How long does it take?

Thank you x

Lords Valley...
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Total Novice-day trip to Paris 10th Anniversary

Bateaux Parisiens is the name of a cruise line that does the 1 hour Seine cruise. To walk from ET to BP takes about 5 minutes. There are at least 2 other major Seine cruise lines, but none as close to ET as Bateaux Parisiene.

I would take a taxi from G du Nord to ET because of time constraints and your unfamiliarity with the Metro and bus system. May cost more, but IMO worth it. Taxi queue is just outside of G du N.

4. Re: Total Novice-day trip to Paris 10th Anniversary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2014, 07:18