We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Your thoughts on town house in Paris for family with teenage

Liverpool
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Your thoughts on town house in Paris for family with teenage

Hi any feedback on this area would be much appreciated. www.housetrip.com/en/rentals/87696…

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
494 reviews
from US$72.60*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,172 reviews
from US$108.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
585 reviews
from US$51.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
465 reviews
from US$300.70*
Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,400 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Your thoughts on town house in Paris for family with teenage

My thoughts are thats alot of money for a non central location , for a loft bedroom( hot and low ceiling). I guess it depends on what you want, but you will commute every single day by metro or bus .

I am also leery of Housetrip after reading reviews on here, seems its just a middleman agency that has had trouble with some of its hosts.. and what you get may be very dependent on the individual host..

On a different note, the place looks messy and cluttered to me, I have no idea why someone would use some of those photos and its shows me if they think that looks good then perhaps are tastes are different

2. Re: Your thoughts on town house in Paris for family with teenage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 January 2013, 14:05
Paris, France
Level Contributor
229 posts
412 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Your thoughts on town house in Paris for family with teenage

One more comment. The photos of the place you are interested in are not nearly the quality of the place I rented in the 13th at 143 euros per night. OF course this is personal and everyone's tastes differ.

Bedoin, France
Level Contributor
4,908 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Your thoughts on town house in Paris for family with teenage

Agree with others about the photos of the place. They just look cluttered and a bit unkept to me. That would really bother me. Also, only one toilet would be a deal breaker for me. I have teens that travel with me and we must have two bathrooms (at least two toilets).

Also would not use Housetrip, but that is a personal choice.

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,881 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Your thoughts on town house in Paris for family with teenage

jengillon, please do a search of Housetrip on this forum prior to booking. At least then you'll make an informed decision.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
68 posts
621 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Your thoughts on town house in Paris for family with teenage

There are many other houses/apartments for rent in the area. One thing to keep in mind is there are very few lifts/elevators in the places in the city, so read all the fine print.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
229 posts
412 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Your thoughts on town house in Paris for family with teenage

I rented (airbnb) a 3 bedroom, 2 bath, on 3 floors, with backyard courtyard in the 13th at Xmas, absolutely beautifully done, renovated, tasteful. This was 143 euros as a point of comparison.

While the 13th may be an outlier arrondisement, the transport is easy and takes you on long routes through the best of Paris.

The Butte aux Cailles is a lovely historic area with lots of funky and fairly priced restaurants. Three days a week there are huge markets on Blvd Blanqui and Ave Italie and you are a hike to Rue Mouffetard (or a metro stop away)!

It's a friendly arrondisement as well but the price for quality is perhaps not the best.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Your thoughts on town house in Paris for family with teenage

Thanks for yor feedback having a look at airbnb now.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Your thoughts on town house in Paris for family with teenage

Thanks happyGoin have read all the forums.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
229 posts
412 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Your thoughts on town house in Paris for family with teenage

Sorry. I meant to say at 188 doesn't look up to snuff compared to the 143. Good luck.