We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Paris to Lourdes (directly from airport)

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver...
Level Contributor
617 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Train from Paris to Lourdes (directly from airport)

Hello, I plan on going on the train from Paris to Lourdes soon after I arrive at DeGaulle Airport.

I am going by the suggested TGV-Europe but when I enter Paris to Lourdes, I get no results. What could I be doing wrong?

Can anyone please give me the name of the train station that is closest to DeGaulle to start off my trip to Lourdes please?

Also, I found a link that says Montparnasse and they have trains to Lourdes. But to book in advance, you need to state the train time. I don't know that because I don't know what time my plane will land exactly, plus the time it will take me from airport to train station, etc. How should I deal with this please?

HELP anyone please. Thank you.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train from Paris to Lourdes (directly from airport)

There's a direct train out of Paris-Montparnasse just before 14:30. And that is the only direct train you can hope for -- otherwise you would have to leave out of Paris-Austerlitz after 10 p.m. on a night train to Toulouse and change twice the next morning.

It would behoove you to check for connecting flights from CDG (or even Orly) to the Lourdes-Tarbes airport. If you are arriving on a long haul flight, it could be a lot cheaper and more convenient than the train.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,824 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train from Paris to Lourdes (directly from airport)

I had never seen/heard the word behoove before. I had to google it.

To buy an advance ticket you will need to know which train you wish to catch. You will need to allow several hours between touch down and your train.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train from Paris to Lourdes (directly from airport)

Glad I was able to augment your vocabulary, Chris! ;-)

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train from Paris to Lourdes (directly from airport)

I'm not sure what you're doing wrong. I'm getting complete information on trains to Lourdes. Admittedly, it's not the most intuitive website.

There are no trains to Lourdes from Roissy (the airport). You'll have to go into Paris, and you'll need to allow time to do that (3 hours, I'd say, taking everything into account).

In addition to the one kerouac mentioned, there's a direct train from Gare Montparnasse at 16:04, arriving at Lourdes at 22:32.

Another possibility might be to catch te TGV at Roissy to Bordeaux, then catch a train from there to Lourdes.

5. Re: Train from Paris to Lourdes (directly from airport)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2014, 06:18