We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Hotel Help Please!

Dunedin
Level Contributor
42 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
Airport Hotel Help Please!

We are in overnighting in Paris and meeting up with rest of the family who are coming off an early evening international flight before flying out again to Marseille in the morning. Thinking of staying at a relatively cheap hotel out by the CDG airport - I am looking at the Ibis Charles de Gaulle Paris Nord 2 (formerly ETAP) or Suite Novotel CDG Paris Nord 2 but we would like to travel into Paris for dinner. As there are 9 of us I thought it would be inexpensive to stay out by airport for the night. Any advice please on which of the 2 hotels would be the easiest to stay and travel into Paris?

And am I right in thinking we should catch the RER into Paris?

Thank you for your help!

Mentioned in this post
Marseille
Marseille
Bouches-du-Rhone, France
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
550 Reviews
from US$72.00*
Skip the Line: Eiffel Tower Tour and...
659 Reviews
from US$73.20*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,218 Reviews
from US$120.40*
Eiffel Tower and Louvre Museum...
824 Reviews
from US$122.80*
Florida
Level Contributor
17,382 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Hotel Help Please!

I don't think any of those particular hotels are convenient for travel between the hotel and Paris - - the nearest RER stop looks to be a couple kilometers from the hotel.

What about the Ibis that is *at* CDG? It sits opposite Terminal 3 which is also very close to one of the two RER stations at CDG.

accorhotels.com/gb/…index.shtml

You can get a timetable for RER-B at the RATP website, under "horaires" ...

http://www.ratp.fr/horaires/fr/ratp/rer

The last RER to CDG leaves at 22:44 weeknights from Gare du Nord, so you can't leave dinner for too late.

Mentioned in this post
Nord
Nord
Hauts-de-France, France
Dunedin
Level Contributor
42 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Hotel Help Please!

Thank you for that useful information. It seems we will be cutting it fine to get into Paris, especially if there are any delays in plane arrival times and the fact that neither hotel is nearby to the RER. I will re-think!

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
49 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Hotel Help Please!

If you still have time to alter your plans, think about going straight into Paris, overnighting there. Meet the family at the hotel, and then take the train (TGV) to Marseilles. The train journey from Paris to Marseilles is just over three hours. The Marseilles train leaves from Gare de Lyon, and you would probably find that the apartments at Citadines Bastille would meet the needs of a big group, and would be fairly economical. A short taxi ride to Gare de Lyon the next day. This would all be more relaxing and enjoyable than a cheap airport hotel. Lots of excellent restaurant options in the Bastille-Marais neighbourhood, Bofinger is my personal favourite. There is a great restaurant, Le Train Bleu, in Gare de Lyon for breakfast before the train next day, fabulous art nouveau decor and frescos of south of France destinations.

Here's some more help on trains from CDG to Paris: parisbytrain.com/charles-de-gaulle-airport-c… But the easiest way is by bus: parisbytrain.com/buses-from-cdg-airport-to-p…

Take the Air France line, Les Cars de Paris, goes to Etoile and some other stops in central Paris. Then a taxi to your hotel, taxis always swing by the airport bus stops. Excellent help with luggage on the bus, much easier than train.

Mentioned in this post
Lyon
Lyon
Rhone, France
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
9,190 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport Hotel Help Please!

RER to Paris would cost ~E 10 pp; for so many of you 2 taxis would cost about the same.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
17,426 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport Hotel Help Please!

Balisand, since this post is nearly a year old I have a feeling that the OP has already been to Paris.

6. Re: Airport Hotel Help Please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2015, 07:21