We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Feedback on Paris Apartment Rental Sites Please

Alberta
Level Contributor
126 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Feedback on Paris Apartment Rental Sites Please

There are so many sites to rent apartments in Paris. Looking for feedback from travellers that have been happy with their rentals. We are looking for 3 nights rental in a central area for 2 people.

Are there any others other than VRBO and AirBnB that people are happy with?

Also any tips on specific apartments or owners. Looked at the gorgeous Adrian Leeds apartments but they are for 4 night minimum so not in the cards this time.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
17,078 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Feedback on Paris Apartment Rental Sites Please

Your problem, as you've already discovered, is going to be with a 3 night rental. Are you sure that you want to go through the "hassle" of renting an apartment for such a short stay?

Takapuna, New...
Level Contributor
3,550 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Feedback on Paris Apartment Rental Sites Please

You may not be aware that VRBO and AirBnB are just listing sites and you need to ensure that there are good reviews on the actual property that you are renting, because it is the owner that you end up dealing with.

I've always had good experiences with Friendly Rentals, a holiday apartment rental agency, with representation in many European cities. Many of their apartments are available for 3 nights. The descriptions and listed reviews have been accurate and we have been happy with the 6 properties we have rented from them. You get immediate availability and confirmation, the deposit is paid by credit card, the balance and security deposit is paid in cash on arrival and the security deposit is handed back as you depart. I've never found it to be a hassle.

friendlyrentals.com/en/…

Edited: 12 February 2013, 02:59
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
25,672 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Feedback on Paris Apartment Rental Sites Please

most places don't do such short rentals -- one that is well reviewed that does do short rentals is Vacation in Paris -- you will I think however pay an added fee for cleaning for a rental of less than a week. most places require a week or do short terms only when they have gaps in their schedule to fill.

Alberta
Level Contributor
126 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Feedback on Paris Apartment Rental Sites Please

Wigwam3 - thank you for the link and feedback on your positive experience with that rental agency. I will check them out!

I have noticed that some places do not rent for short stays and/or charge an extra cleaning fee. I have found some places that do and am short listing them but have not ruled out hotels yet.

I am not familiar with renting these apartments and realize that I must do my research to rent a suitable place but at this point think that the value and experience is worth the "hassle". Perhaps I am too naive. (Only recently booked a 9 night VRBO in Rome)

I would also appreciate feedback regarding the hotel vs apartment for 3 nights choice. If anyone has favorites they would like to share on either choice I would appreciate that too!

Thanks

Takapuna, New...
Level Contributor
3,550 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Feedback on Paris Apartment Rental Sites Please

On a previous trip my wife and I stayed in Apartment Pompidou in Le Marais. Not luxury, but comfortable, well equipped, in a good location and reasonably priced at around 130 euro per night. Last year we stayed in the Art Studio Apartment which was good because it had an secure underground carpark, but the location wasn't the best. We were aware of this before arriving, but the car park was excellent. Friendly Rentals is an easy site to navigate through, with good selection criteria to suit your requirements, eg. A/C, Terrace, Internet, etc.

friendlyrentals.com/en/apartments/paris/apar…

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5,390 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Feedback on Paris Apartment Rental Sites Please

Agree with F1racegirl - 3 nights just isn't worth the hassle. Yes, your 9 nights in Rome are spot-on, but IMHO anything less than 5 nights in an apartment isn't worth the hassle.

Takapuna, New...
Level Contributor
3,550 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Feedback on Paris Apartment Rental Sites Please

I can only think that those who find renting an apartment to be a "hassle" are renting from the wrong agencies. I've stayed in 24 holiday rentals in Europe over the last 3 years, and have not had any hassles. The booking process is always simple, the deposit is mostly by credit card with a couple of International Funds Transfers, the meet and greet has always worked as expected, any security deposits have been handed back as we departed, with one exception and that was received 1 month later, where the apartment has been free the day before we have been told to arrive directly from our flight. No hassles, no stress.

Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
103 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Feedback on Paris Apartment Rental Sites Please

we rented an apartment in Paris for 4 nights last year on Housetrip it worked great for us and there were lots to choose from. We were near enough to walk to the Louvre it was a long walk but a great one. we should have stayed longer but you do what you can with the time that you have. i hope you have as much fun as we did. We also bought the Paris Pass it worked well for us with the hop on hop off bus tour we used it every day

Alberta
Level Contributor
126 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Feedback on Paris Apartment Rental Sites Please

Thank you fellow travellers for the feedback ;)

Wigwam3 I checked out the site you recommended and the Apartment Pompidou was the one I liked best. It's good to hear that you actually stayed there. I plan to follow that up. Great to hear that you have had so many positive experiences with staying at apartments. That makes me feel more confident about trying it.

wimVancouverIsland thanks for the tips as well. We plan on using the hop on hop off bus as well as we found it great in Barcelona. What is the "Paris Pass"? Also would you mind sharing more details on your apartment as well?

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,175 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Feedback on Paris Apartment Rental Sites Please

Paris pass is generally not considered a good deal, do more research on that, simply type "paris pass" in the search box on this site.

A Museum pass has more value if you foresee visiting at least 2-3 major sites a day .

For a hotel , you make a reservation online. Done. No getting money orders , no deposits, not worrying about meeting someone, no cleaning involved.

I stayed at in a great apartment last summer, for a week, Parisbestlodge, but they do not do 3 day rentals normally.

But , for 3 days , I would stay in a hotel. PS easier to get a/c i a hotel then an apartment, and it can still be cheap, check out Hotel Diana,or Hotel Saint Peirre.