We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adieu mon beurre sucré salé

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
alberta
Level Contributor
562 posts
117 reviews
Save Topic
Adieu mon beurre sucré salé

a sad sad day here in western Canada :-(

I finally used the last of my coarse sea salt butter from my Marie-Anne Cantin visit last October.

lebestofparis.com/following-julia-child/mari…

I wanted to post in case any other foodies are cruising the streets of Paris for a wonderful foodie find to bring home. I love this shop... the owners were very kind and have an amazing passion for their products ... rightly so...

I bought a few butters but the star was the butter with large sea salt crystals in it. I brought home several packages and we enjoyed them thru the holiday season, a couple snow storms, and the last wee bit with a great loaf of artisian bread tonight...of course a nice glass of wine too.

Each and every cheese from this shop was divine .. I loved stopping for a small disc of goat cheese from here and a crusty roll from the bake shop down the road as I would walk along the Seine.

Now I really need to find a way to get back to Paris soon .... pack my ziploc bags, passport, credit card and walking shoes

;-)

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,195 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Adieu mon beurre sucré salé

I'm down to my last two small packages of tea from Mariages Freres. it's God's way of telling you...time to return.

Pjk

Sacramento, CA
Level Contributor
333 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Adieu mon beurre sucré salé

I only have a few Fauchon caramels left. Darn it, Must go back. :)

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,699 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Adieu mon beurre sucré salé

You must stop this nonsense! I'm drooling on my keyboard.

Illinois
Level Contributor
564 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Adieu mon beurre sucré salé

I am perilously close to running out of my Sel de Guerande (sea salt from Brittany) before our return this fall. And it was only after our last visit that I learned that you can bring the butter home!!! Oh what joy!

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,277 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Adieu mon beurre sucré salé

(just for clarification -- beurre sucré is sugared butter, which doesn't exist -- neither does beurre sucré salé -- sugared, salted butter. It's just beurre salé -- salted butter. Just trying to save someone from asking for beurre sucré and having someone in the shop/stall look at them like they've just sprouted horns....)

Edited: 20 February 2013, 07:38
Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,235 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Adieu mon beurre sucré salé

especially if they go to THAT traiteur in the 6e :)

Paris, France
Level Contributor
3,464 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Adieu mon beurre sucré salé

No worries, this kind of longing can happen for Paris-based people as well. Looking at my last two jam jars from Christine Ferber (OK, they have some at Le Bon Marché or Hermé, but still...)

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,195 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Adieu mon beurre sucré salé

This sounds delicious; how do they package the butter so it doesn't melt on the flight home? I've taken cheese home but never butter. It would be about a 9 hour flight for me.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Adieu mon beurre sucré salé

I'm just wondering if you buy some local top quality butter, let it soften and then mix in some coarse salt, can you pass it off to your friends as being the real item? I doubt if it would work for you yourself because just the knowledge of the trick would convince you that it tastes wrong -- but those not in the know might be fooled.

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,235 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Adieu mon beurre sucré salé

I do hope you are not encouraging fraudulent misrepresentation, K :)